Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Veterans Day Buck

John_Boy

PMA Member
Well since I am a soldier how fitting that I shot my buck on Veterans Day.
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

Anyway the Day started with a good setup on a rub and scrape line. I had several does in the area and two nice younger bucks checking does. I made a quick movement to a sound behind me and got busted ruined the morning. After that a coyote went through and sealed the morning hunt as, I wouldn't see anything. I have a 140-150 8pt that's in the area never saw him in the am.
Back out that afternoon I was in the stand about 30mins and started daydreaming about that buck and the chances I would seem him. I also remembered this was the last day I would hunt until after Thanksgiving, in the morning I'm on my way to Deer Camp in Upper Michigan.
grin.gif

So when this ten point came right into my shooting lane I made the decision to shot him and pursue the other buck during Shotgun or next year. I put it right threw the heart, the old Mathews does it again.
I'm donating this one to HUSH.

Good Luck to all I'll drink a beer for all the hunters at Camp.
beerchug.gif

My family cam out and helped find it. I already had located him but I let my daughter and son track the blood trail.
83110pt-med.JPG

Nice buck, I'll bet your kids had fun bloodtrailing. Congrats!
smile.gif

Great buck dude!!Glad to see our "CREW" getting it done.
The people on this site know how to get thing's done in the wood's!!

Congrats on your deer ! He is a fine looking buck. I like how your included your family in the 'search'. Great job.

Great Job John Boy and Thank you for serving this great country! It is because of you guys and gals that we can sit in a treestand feel safe.
waytogo.gif
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

Top Bottom