Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Vet's day buck

Buckhunter

Hey everyone just wanted to show off my buck from Thursday morning.He's a main frame eight that has his g3 broke off on his right side,the whole end of his rack has a crack in it.He's a real fighter from what I could tell,he had a big bruise on his left side when I skinned him and his rack has been through the work's.
I had set up about 6:30 and got settled in planning to stay until 11am or so and then get something to eat and go to another stand we have on the edge of a bedding area.About 8am I had a little basket 8 come in and I played around with him for awhile by using a bleat call everytime he started to leave.
It is intresting how every deer is so unique in how they react to different sound's.He finally got down wind of me laid his ear's down and trotted off.
About 20 minutes later I did a rattling sequence and and had just sit back down when I looked up and seen him coming in.He bee-lined straight in until he was 45 yd's or so and stopped to look for the fight.I knew as soon as I seen him good he was an animal I wanted to take.I waited for what seemed like forever for him to come into range and I finally did a single bleat call with the can.That was all it took!He lifted his head and looked my way and in he came.
He got to within 22 yd's or so and stopped briefly again to look for the action and I centered my 20 yd pin and let'er fly!He spun around and ran straight back the way he had came from.I started mouth bleating and he stopped at about 60 yd's and started doing the rubber leg thing,the next thing I see is him falling to his right and going down!!
I cannot tell you what this buck mean's to me in word's.It has been 3 of the toughest year's of my bowhunting career.I've had everything that can go wrong go wrong for me 3 year's running.I had seriosly thought about giving up after this year because of all the bad thing's that have happened.I have missed several big deer,hit a couple that we were unable to locate,although we did find my buck from last year while shed hunting.I just felt like I had a "GORILLA" on my back!
This buck mean's alot more to me then just another harvest,I would say he might be the deer that has saved my bowhunting career period...
Well I'll quit whinning about all the bad thing's that I went through and post up.I'm heading to the taxi-man's today with him and I'm goona have no problem spending this money.
Good luck to you all who are still hunting.I would like to add that I have rattled in 4 buck's this year and 3 of the 4 were shooter's,with the other being a 2 1/2 8 point that was also busted up!Man they are really fight'en this year!Must be alot of buck competition where we are hunting.
Anyway here are the pic's.Sorry I was not smiling cause I was the happiest SOB on the planet right then.
300Buck_-1-med.jpg

300Buck-4-med.jpg

Way to hang in there Buckhunter! Its amazing how fast things can turn for the better. Congratulations on nice mature buck!

Great job Buckhunter! I'm glad everything worked out and you didn't give up. Congrats on an awesome buck!
smile.gif

Congrats once again paps...you deserved this deer more then anyone, we've all been rootin for ya after the last few years...I knew you'd Git R' Done this year. So now its time to just keep um comin.

Thefrgt10

Great deer, Buckhunter. I am glad you stuck with it. He'll make a great looking mount. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on the buck Buckhunter. See if you just stick with it the good will soon come even if you think otherwise.

Awesome buck Roy!! I told you this would be your year! Congrats on a beautiful and heavy-looking eight!
893USA1-thumb[1].gif
31045-cheers2.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Top Bottom