Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Video Of Iowa Velvet Booner At 30/40 yards

Wired To Hunt

Please don't hate on me because I'm from out of state! :) But I am hunting in Iowa this fall for the first time, and this past weekend while doing some scouting and prep work - I had one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Long story short, while glassing fields from the truck we saw a huge buck cross the road along a property we can hunt - and I was able to hop out of the vehicle and set up along the edge of the beans with my camera. The giant ended up then walking parallel to the road - right to me!

I ended up being somewhere around 30/40 yards from him, kneeling on the ground as he carelessly munched on beans. I was just floored. We think he is a 180 class, but regardless he's just a stud - and it's the largest buck I've seen in my entire life!

You guys have it made out here in Iowa...Enjoy God's gift of these amazing whitetails and thanks for opening your doors occasionally to a Michigan boy like me!

If you want to see the buck, I have a video of the encounter here .... Video Of My Iowa Booner Close Encounter

Good luck this fall. Hope he shows back up for you.

180 inches may be a bit high for that buck, but he's a heck of a deer none the less.

Looks like he got your heart pumping...awesome footage! The beams on that bad boy look LONG! Good luck this fall!

Given that we may have over-estimated his score just given our excitement and close encounter with it, I'm curious to get some unbiased opinions. What do you think he'd score?

Given that we may have over-estimated his score just given our excitement and close encounter with it, I'm curious to get some unbiased opinions. What do you think he'd score?

I will throw out an unbiased guess for ya...I have a hard time seeing him reach 170. I would guess low ... maybe mid 160's.

Please don't hate on me because I'm from out of state! :)

I swear...you out of staters are ruining it for all of us...oh, wait a minute; never mind! :D

Great looking buck and congrats. I'm horible at scoring, but I'd guess him in the upper 160s to low 170s. Either way, I wouldn't let him walk if he crossed my path! Good luck!

Almost exactly what I thought too FWIW. I would still shoot him though! :grin:

I should have also added that I didn't take into account the trash/stickers. So with that.... upper 160's...possibly touching the 170. Also needed to say that either way, whatever that deer scores...I hope you nail him! Frickin awesome deer and anyone would be happy to have a chance at him. I hope you prove me wrong and after you kill him, you tell me he is 170+!!! GOOD LUCK!

Top Bottom