Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Video of our New Years Blizzard

dc240nt

PMA Member
Heres my amature attempt at making, editing, and sound over, on a video. This is what it looked like at my place during and after the 3 day New Years Blizzard last weekend. Check out the behemoth snow drift between our house and the Neighbors. Someone had a nice BMW buried in the street. The last scene I had to play with the contrast abit in order to see something besides just white. It shows a street at the end of our block that is completely filled in with a 10ft drift. Just one of many streets that looked like this. Nobody died in this storm, which was pretty amazing considering the number of people that were stranded in cars during the 3 days. There was a 100 car pile up just west of Fargo on the first day. Pretty amazing storm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8RbaDiRj7Y

That's why I don't live in Minn. it's bad enough here and I'm tired of shoveling aready. Now if we had that much snow here I might be able to find where the damn bucks are hiding though. 25 does last night and not even a spike buck in the bunch. :rolleyes: I have a feeling they're right on top of the food source where I can't hunt. :(

I'm jealous! Late season deer hunting is phenomenal with that kind of snow cover.

Maybe in IA if you can find an active food source that they can access. Around where I am in MN you'll be hard pressed to find a field that isn't under 3 feet of snow right now - not that it would matter since just about every field is chisel plowed down to pure black dirt within days of harvest anyway. I drive a 30 mile trip to and from work down a winding county highway right though deer county and have not seen a deer in at least 6 weeks morning or evening....not sure where they go, but wherever they are somebody could fill some tags (if the season was still open - which it's not!).

Record snowfall in the twin cities in December about an hour SE of me - just over 34 inches in one month. I'm so sick of snow I could puke.

That video was insane...what a mess that was up there. I didn't know you were in Dilworth...I go through there pretty often...inlaws live in Morehead.

That is crazy, good to hear though that no one perished in a storm like that. Hopefully all of the critters can survive that, it would have to take a toll I would think.

Not all of the State is as deep as we are. But we need the snow so we can contend with another 100 year flood this spring. Dont know what they'll do, last winter we had half this amount of snow and we had near record flood levels in the Red River Valley. I think I'll start building an Ark. Heard on the news that one person just died from being hit by a car in the 100 car pileup. And yes, this kind of stuff really takes it toll on the wildlife but the whitetails will fair better then any of the others. Yea, Im sick and tired of winter, which is a first for me. Sunday morning I take our display all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico for three weeks. Maybe some Oysters and sand between my cheeks will change my attitude.

Top Bottom