Viewing Trail Cam Cards with Blackberry

SCOFFIN

Miles Coffin
I don't even know if this is possible, but is anybody using card adapters and cords to view pictures from their trail cams on their blackberry? I'm wondering if this is even possible or not.

I buy the cards that have the micro SD card. Then just put the micro SD in my blackberry. I think they were 12 or 13 bucks for a 4G at wally world.

Other wise I think you would have to find the right adaptor. I never found one but I didnt look very hard before going to the micro cards.

Last edited:
If you have a digital camera just bring that and put the SD card in the camera to view in the field. That's what I do.

I take an IPAD, with me. You need the "camera kit" as well, which is just an adapter that you plug the card into, works great. I then use the IPAD to emai, surf IW, play games, read books and watch movies while in the tree stand. It also allows you to look at your photo library right there to try and determine if the buck you just got on camera is one you have seen before.

I run ten cameras, so by the time I go and buy 10 additional cards to be able to swap out I was already half way to an IPAD. Once you have one you'll never go back to using a pc at home, very versatile. Over Christmas, I downloaded kid movies on it and had the kids watching videos on it during the trip. That four hours of peace and quiet was worth it alone.

Why didn't I think of the camera option.. Big Ol Duh on my part.. Trying to get too fancy with the technology apparently..

Dude? An ipad in a treestand? Don't you have enough to carry in already? :)

Thanks for the suggestions..

I also just use my digital camera, but on some of my trail cames the picts pull up really small and I cannot zoom in. So it does not work perfect with some cameras.

With the micro sd in my blackberry I can zoom in, delete, send in txt, email, save to phone to transfer to different card, and probably other things I've not figured out yet.

I always carry my phone so I'm not carrying any extra equipment. Plus it is insured if I drop it out of the tree.

I would rather loose a $13 sd card than a camera ipad or lap top.

Just my .02 and the reasoning I used

Guess i always use sd cards and check them on the computer while im drinking a cold brew. I would rather look at the pics on a big computer screen than have to look at a 2 in screen and have to zoom every picture to see what you got. Plus less disturbance. Get in and out.....

Guess i always use sd cards and check them on the computer while im drinking a cold brew. I would rather look at the pics on a big computer screen than have to look at a 2 in screen and have to zoom every picture to see what you got. Plus less disturbance. Get in and out.....

Thats what I do if Im just running cameras but if Im headed out to hunt or going with my wife to something boaring:grin: I swap cards and check the pix on my BB.

Back