Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Vinton Area

AmcArcher

Thinking about hunting around the town of Vinton for shotgun season. Anybody hear anything about it? Good bad or ugly? Probably try to knock on a few doors or something.

Why'd you decide to wait until 4 days before shotgun season to ask permission? I doubt that will be well received. I normally ask for deer hunting permission in the spring and turkey hunting permission in the fall. Just showing up and wanting to hunt that day usually doesn't go over well.

Well shotgun 2 doesn't start for a week and 4 days. And I can ask when I feel like it. If the land owner doesn't want to grant me permission, then that is fine with me. Always got public.

Why'd you decide to wait until 4 days before shotgun season to ask permission? I doubt that will be well received. I normally ask for deer hunting permission in the spring and turkey hunting permission in the fall. Just showing up and wanting to hunt that day usually doesn't go over well.

:confused: :D:D Next go to Vegas and plan on leaving rich!!!!!!!!:way: I see public in your future!! Thank's for asking!!!!!

I don't mean to pi$$ anybody off. I truly am fine with hunting public land. I just dont see any issue with asking a land owner later in the season, other than the fact that they may say no. That's the risk I'm taking. Still looking for any insight into the Vinton area.

A lot of landowners have had bad experiences with hunters. When seasons are nearing or in effect they go into "not a chance" mode. 35 plus years of hunting has shown me the earlier you ask, the more likely they'll say yes. Like the big bucks, you have to hit them before shut down mode occurs. Also, leave your camo at home when out talking to landowners. Street clothes will get you better results almost every time...........ck

I don't mean to pi$$ anybody off. I truly am fine with hunting public land. I just dont see any issue with asking a land owner later in the season, other than the fact that they may say no. That's the risk I'm taking. Still looking for any insight into the Vinton area.

Asking is not a issue! But in a state that is about to turn into.....................................Oh! I don't know! Lets say..............Ill.! Your gonna get turned down!! But! Never hurts to ask!! Good Luck!!:way:

Hopefully someone can help with your question about the Vinton area. Good luck and stay possitive, you'll have a good hunt.

Top Bottom