Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Walked into one.

TimberSpirit

PMA Member
Got done a meeting at work and got to the woods a couple minutes after 4. Grabbed my bow and camera and headed into a spot that's only a 100 yards from were I park and I almost walked into this guy! I was 15 yards from the stand and mentally I guess I was already thinking about climbing in hooking up the safety belt etc just wasn't paying attention.
1320709638.jpg

I have to wonder if at first he though he was hidden and I could not see him because he just stood stone still and let me walk closer.

1320710743.jpg

All I could do for now was shoot him with the camera. Dumb me for not killing my does early.

1320710866.jpg

I kept walking up and clicking away got to within 15 yards before he turned and walked away stiff legged.

1320711281.jpg

What I would have given at that second to have my second buck tag 15 yard chip shot!

1320711349.jpg

It was your lucky day! Until we meet next time thanks for the rush!

1320711470.jpg

Last edited:
That is sweet! great pics! I may be wrong, but he looks like a younger deer to me. It that's the case, that boy's got the makings to be a brute in a couple of years.

Great pictures.. I was thinking he looks kinda on the young side too. Will be a stud next year if he adds some mass.. He has the spread down..

Thanks guys.

That's a 4 1/2 5 1/2 year old Maryland deer, the body size are nothing like what I have seen hunting Iowa and you guys are use to seeing.

Top Bottom