Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Want to trade ??????

Shovelbuck

Here's a deal for somebody that's been on the fence for awhile about getting a custom knife. I'd like to trade this custom knife made by me, for a nice bunch of morels. :)
These old knees just don't get me out there like they used to for mushroom hunting so it could be a win win for both parties. Value of knife is 125.00, so what ever current market price of the morels plus over night shipping to get us close to that amount would be good. I'm just guessing but probably 5 or so lbs of morels would be about the right amount with shipping.
Great chance to get a very nice custom knife for a bit of leg work and some shipping to Nebraska.
Blade is 4 inches and overall is about 8. Comes with black leather sheath.

Last edited:
Heck of an offer. If my spots produce well this year and the offer still stands, count me in. Can't officially accept the offer though until I have the morels.

OK, gundog870 has messaged me and it sounds like it is a go with him. If his morel supply doesn't work out, I'll bump this post back up.

ALL!

I am running into the end of the season, I have already sent Jay a little over two pounds, and my box of 3.5 pounds this past weekend got hung up in the mail and showed up rotten by the time they got there! No bueno.

I am going to make a run at it tomorrow and hope that I can find another 3 lbs for him, but if anyone wants to step up and send Jay ~3 pounds to make up my difference my first 2 lbs can simply be a donation to you!

I don't want to come up short but know that we are nearing the end!

Anyone out there have a few pounds???

I have 4 lbs that I would be willing to send if I can get them there fast enough. If you could PM me with address I will express ship them.

You are the man!

I'll send you his address. Hopefully Jay is ok with this, haven't caught up with him yet today.

Jay,

Can you PM him your Address, I accidently deleted it this morning when I was clearing out my messages.

How would you suggest to send them I sent some to Michigan this year the day they were picked and they were fine really don't want that many to spoil

I would ship over night, the last batch I sent I mailed on a Thursday and they got hung up until Saturday and it looks like they got too hot. Jay just had me put them in a box with newspaper, fresh from the woods. He didn't want them cleaned.

If it helps, Tony (Risto) sends me batch every year (Iowa to AZ) and the best ones are uncleaned, wrapped in moist paper towels. They usually get here within 3 days and are great. Of course, overnight will certainly work, too.

We'll I'm going to give it a shot I heard once that if you take a small styrofoam cooler put dry ice in the bottom and lay tower on top it will keep cool but not freeze any thoughts

I was out last weekend (Sunday) and hunted hard to find the ones that I did.
The grass is really getting bad in the woods. Try the North sides now with a lot of canopy so it supresses the weeds.

As far as sending them Shipping overnight is something like $20.00 or $30.00 but it will get them there.

Like AZ said they may dry out a little but if you half them and soak them they should rehydrate quite nice.

Gunny what you doing sending them on a Thurs.? I get nervous sending them on a Wed. in case they get hung up for the weekend.

If something falls through guys let me know. I have a few but am eating them nightly with my boy. Just let me know.

So I looked up next day air from UPS and it says they can guarantee delivery by noon on Sat. if I sent them tomorrow by 3. So do I take the chance or wait tell Monday really don't want them to spoil

Top Bottom