Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WANTED!

lefler168

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS OF OR IS A WILDLIFE BIOLOGIST THAT COULD ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS RELATED TO CARBON SUITS AND A DEER'S NOSE,I NEED THEM TO BE A CREDIBLE SOURCE SO THAT I COULD USE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY AS FACT OR CLOSE TO FACT. IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS LET ME KNOW......ALSO...CHECK OUT MY POST ON CARBON SUITS IN THE IOWAWHITETAIL FORUM...IM WRITING A RESEARCH PAPER AND I WOULD LIKE TO GATHER AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE SO THAT I CAN GIVE YOU GUYS THE FACTS ABOUT CARBON SUITS! CHECK IT OUT...THANKS!!!

Have you tried contacting any scent lok or scent blocker companies? might be a start
confused.gif
I'm sure you have, just a thought, because I wish I could help yah but I can't
smile.gif

ONe of the whitetail mags has a big article about it out right now. I can't remember which one. I'll try to find it for you.

THANKS...YEAH IN FACT I AM IN THE PROCESS OF EMAILING THESE GUYS AS WE SPEAK..HOWEVER I REALLY DONT KNOW IF THEY WILL ANSWER SOME OF MY FORWARD QUESTIONS...THEY MAY STIR THEM UP A BIT CUZ HONESTLY ...I OWN A SCENT BLOCKER SUIT...AND I REALLY AM BEGINING TO THINK THEY'RE A GIMMICK..HOWEVER I AM CONTACTING THEM IN HOPES OF SOME ANSWERS

The article was in Deer and Deer Hunting Magazine.

Remember that magazine articles albiet entertaining are not always scientific fact.

Magazines have sponsors that pay them big dollars to put adds in there magazine and put there own spin on things to suit there marketing needs.

I have read the Deer and Deer Hunting article and it sounds like a defensive/offesive strike from the odor eliminating companies becuase there has been cosiderable questions into there usefullness recently.

My personal opionion is there a bunch of sales gimmicks.

Spend your time looking for information such as the activation/reactivation temperture needed for carbon and draw your own conclusions.

Good Luck

It is a fact that carbon absorbs odors. It is used in food ingredient processes to remove odors. It is also true that heat regenerates the carbon. However, it takes extreme amounts of heat to remove the odor. Many times more than any clothes dryer will put out. At least in the process that I am familiar with it does.

I'm friends with a bunch of guys that work for one of the big scent suit companies. While they all honestly believe in the product, they have no real scientific data that supports they're claims. They're favorite response to the question is that all the products are "field tested".... IMHO the stuff makes you stink worse than if you weren’t wearing it! I swear I get winded less since I stopped wearing it a couple years ago! Funny story, first hunt I didn’t wear it I shot my first booker! Total coincidence, but funny none the less

I have stopped wearing these products altogether and honestly think it has made no impact what-so-ever. Play the wind and hunt smart. It will probably allow you to budget a new bow into your game every other year with the savings.

Top Bottom