Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wapello - Morning Star area?

mohf2011

I was offered a place to hunt in the Wapello area. I am from Michigan but was wondering if anyone has an idea on how hunting is around the area. I run a foundation that assists disabled children and vets on a hunting experence. Please help me before i venture.into this.

A lot of good river bottom ground around the Wapello area. I think you also mean 'Morning Sun"... (technically it is a star I guess... so, i suppose it works ;) ) I haven't hunted around there myself, but, I hunt in the next county just to the north of it.

I live 30 minutes south of Wapello and hunting around this area is awesome! Lots of deer. If you're offered to hunt, making the trip would be well worth it! I've heard of very big bucks seen/harvested up around there in the past couple years.

Lake Odessa holds some of the biggest deer on the planet. If I were 10 years younger and wanted to put in all the effort with a boat, I might see one of those deer.

Would you recommend just buying a prference point and also applying for the first non resident tag. I am thinking of making the trip out to see the lay of the land. I will be trying to bring a disabled veteran out to hunt with. I run a non profit org. And thats what we do.

Top Bottom