Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Warm headgear

NebraskaWhitetail

Seeing another post commenting about warm headgear for hunting on these colder days of fall got me thinking about what I usually wear. A few years ago, a duck-hunting buddy of mine showed me one of these Filson Model 307 hats.
pFILSON1-2231625_filson1_dt.jpg

It is waxed heavy cotton duck material on the outside and Merino wool lined on the inside. When the wind is howling, you can pull down the neck flap part way to cover your ear, or if it's really cold, pull it down all the way over your neck.
pFILSON1-2231625dt.jpg

I've been wearing these hats on cold-weather hunts for about 10 years now, and they have really performed up to my expectations in all kinds of weather. I was curious if anyone else here wears one of these hats?

I don't have that hat, but I have a lot of filson clothing. It is the best pheasant hunting clothing I have found. It is some great gear. Their warranty is unbelievable, no questions asked for the lifetime of the product..

I needed that the other day. Facing into the north wind gusting at over 20mph and 20 plus feet up on top of the small hill. I guess I wasn't to smart.
grin.gif

Top Bottom