Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

warm temps

WVBOWHNTR

Hope everyone's season is going as planned. I've come close to a few nice bucks here in West Virginia, but for one reason or another (pinned down with does and fawns, ran out of daylight, etc.), have not been able to close the deal. :(

Say, the next three days here, they are calling for highs possibly in the low '70s. With limited vacation time to burn, my brain tells me to hunt just the mornings, but my gut says it is primetime November and sit all day. Anyone have thoughts on the matter?

I actually had this whole week planned to be off but after hunting in these temps the past two days and not seeing much movement I am going to work the next two days and save the days for next week when its cold. Friday is going to be great in Iowa with the cold front coming through.

It is the rut though, I have been seeing 2.5 year olds running around up till about 11am. I did see a big one the other day at noon walking the river bank and then another nice one at 1:30 cruising a ridge on the walk in. Anything can happen. I am waiting until its colder though. :)

Top Bottom