Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Warm:

loneranger

Sat and Sunday look cool, but first 14 days of Oct, are forecast to average above to much above average in temp,,,so better get it done next two days! Typical fall,,warm,,warm,,,warm, then ,,suddenly,,COLD! Like about Nove 5th. I remember hunting in N. Dakota, one fall back in the 1990's. Was still 96' the 17th of Oct! Needless to say,,,didn't see much that yr.

Sat and Sunday look cool, but first 14 days of Oct, are forecast to average above to much above average in temp,,,so better get it done next two days! Typical fall,,warm,,warm,,,warm, then ,,suddenly,,COLD! Like about Nove 5th. I remember hunting in N. Dakota, one fall back in the 1990's. Was still 96' the 17th of Oct! Needless to say,,,didn't see much that yr.
It's early, I wouldn't even get serious til the last weekend of Oct. New moon the 6th of Nov. there will be some hot action a few days before and after. I'll probably take vacation from the 3rd through the 12th since I don't have 2 weeks in the bank. :way:

I look at the extended forecast A LOT.... I am learning not to put any stock in it. I firmly believe the best they can do is 3-4 days of accurate forecasting, the rest is just a shot in the dark.

I look at the extended forecast A LOT.... I am learning not to put any stock in it. I firmly believe the best they can do is 3-4 days of accurate forecasting, the rest is just a shot in the dark.

Exactly, except that I used to look at the extended forecast a lot. :D I think I must be a little older than Thomas because experience has told me that they just can't say much out beyond 3 or 4 days, and then that isn't always right.

The cool temps this weekend could lead to some nice ones going down early, but selfishly, I would like to see the temps stay up there a bit for the next couple of weeks so my foodplots can grow better. I'll try to shoot a doe somewhere in October, but I won't personally get too fired up for another month. Now my youngest son is drooling to get in a stand right now and thinks this is his year...ahh, the exuberance of youth. :D

Last edited:
The beauty of bowhunting is you just never know, guys! I killed my 08 buck in October on a not very cold, rainy morning. I wasn't expecting to see jack but some time-constraints forced me to hunt all available mornings. After that day and learning alot from this site, I tend to pay more attention to moon phase and changes in weather patterns as opposed to just looking at the temp. I'll admit, though... it's hard not to check the extended forecast nearly every day!

It's early, I wouldn't even get serious til the last weekend of Oct. New moon the 6th of Nov. there will be some hot action a few days before and after. I'll probably take vacation from the 3rd through the 12th since I don't have 2 weeks in the bank. :way:

Deer & Deer Hunting said the last week of October and the week of Thanksgiving is going to be the best time, but I don't know how much I buy into that. I've taken vacation the 28th and 29th of October already but still need to determine which week in November. I'm pretty confused. The whole month of November last year was awesome for me in terms of sightings and "attempts". :D

Last edited:
i agree with breiner. Saw 13 deer tonight.. why not get out there and sit in a stand. a few bucks nothing huge but it was better than sitting on the couch.

Top Bottom