Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

water?

loneranger

Here I am again wondering who is dry or wet?Down here east of Ottumwa I am doing alright but beginning to dry out the old clay. Only a quarter inch in the past two an half was. I know areas down here much drier like only an inch for may! Is taking on a late summer weather pattern with all the active jet energy to the north.

Past two wks that is. Burlington area says only an inch for May. Kirksville No a 3 inch deficit for May. I know that is hard to believe for the people in Northern IA. But its not so wet down here.

Well, don't hold your breath about what is supposed to happen. You stand a good chance though up north of I-80. The active parts of the jet stream are already way north. This usually should not happen until late in the Summer , but has been jumping up there early the past few yes.

Southern Iowa could use a break. I am down to 350 acres left and I thought I'd b done by now. Some areas are soup.

Reading Nat weather service discussion of the situation they agree with me that the pattern is more typical of Aug than May. This does not bode well. Western IA has the best chance of rain Sunday nite. Probably cross SE IA midday Mon . Worst time for rain. Then refire over in I'll Mon afternoon. Meaning...We miss again!--

One my morning run today. I was wondering where you were at Loneranger.
I knew you would show back up after a week of no rain.
Take care buddy.

Plenty of rain in MN, the rivers are so high in some areas that you cannot boat on them.

I am in the se corner of Wapello Co. Actually been 2 1/2 wks since a good rain.but my area has done better than others down here as I mentioned Burlington and Kirksville only around an inch for May. That is right on for the weather pattern that up there in Minn it is wet. Same thing went on most of last Summer..Active part of the jet streams are far north. Farther north you are better your chances. Timing of cold fronts in summer is also important. And see IA always seems to get a midday passage. The quiet time for storm development.

Where are you located truth and honest? I assume somewhere south and east. Let's cross our fingers for next week. Pray these incoming fronts slow down and stop over us!

I don't know about this theory or not, but my neighbor was talking the other day about how he thinks part of the problem for rain shortages in East Central Iowa is being caused by the many factories producing so much steam. Not sure I'm a believer, but in the Muscatine area alone, we have Gerdau, SSAB, Mid American Energy, Muscatine Power and Water, GPC, and maybe a couple others I'm missing; all producing copious amounts of heat through steam. It has seemed for the past few years that storm systems seem to deteriorate as they approach our area and then as soon as they get across the big river, they explode and all hell breaks loose over Illinois. Interesting theory any way.

Not sure I could agree with that but could be? I see that during out bit too. Usually the storms manage to make it to me or Ottumwa before they totally die. More significant problem is timing of fronts. I once had an argument with a Nat weather service guy over timing. He finally admitted I was onto something when I kept a record all one summer. In the summer most fronts. For some reason cross SE IA at midday. This time of day mid morn to noon systems die out. They recharge in the afternoon but by that time they are over in I'll. This is very consistent. The other big climate thing is the Jet Stream, which should not be scooting north so soon in the spring as it has the past few summers..taking the good coverage precip with it, to I-80 and beyond.

Great example coming monday . Front will be coming Sunday night. Due to pass SE. IA Monday morn during a decaying mode. Hope they are wrong!

For any interested..Next frontal system due to cross SE. IA Monday morn. We know what that means. Best chance to really get wet maybe Tues note.

Top Bottom