Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

water?

loneranger

I have been away from the internet for a couple weeks. Anyone still dry? Here west of Fairfield I have totaled up about 7 1/2 inches for the month. I see Burlington around 8 and Ottumwa 6. Most of the rest of the State. a whole lot more! My clay is plenty moist but a disturbing trend is still out there if you are a radar watcher like I AM. In the past 24 he's no less than 5 bands of rain have come across the state towards SE Iowa only to die in the process..Was the same last week until Sunday when SE IA got it's own batch. With all of the incredible flooding everywhere I guess I am thankful my area is not. For the record though,,Ottumwa is only a third of an inch above average for the year.

Yes I like patterns. Even when everyone has enough . Like yesterday. Huge areas of rain had a hard time pushing east of Ottumwa. Took until 9:pm to finally get to Fairfield. I am in between. I got an inch don't want no more.Interesting watching though!

Yes I like patterns. Even when everyone has enough . Like yesterday. Huge areas of rain had a hard time pushing east of Ottumwa. Took until 9:pm to finally get to Fairfield. I am in between. I got an inch don't want no more.Interesting watching though!

I hope you get pounded Loneranger. ;):D

Seems to be the norm around here. This was at 2:30pm.

ForumRunner_20140630_161532.jpg

Well I did not get "pounded"! I listened to WHO radio Monday. Sounded like the end of the world up there! Feel sorry for all those from Oskaloosa north. Hail damage..winds..incredible rainfall.But down here between Fairfield and Ottumwa. Only one tenth from both Sunday and Monday. I know...hard to believe isn't it? I feel fortunate my land missed the onslaught. Am glad I got an inch Sat night. I emptied my 50gal rain barrel in anticipation of a lot more . It was forecast but didn't come.As is usual for this time of yr...jet stream energy is traveling North. I-80 north will be the focal point the rest of the Summer. Radio said today there are still two dry areas in Iowa. SE. IA and SW Iowa.

Big rain complex out in western Iowa this Sat morn.Quad cities Service says it will die. I am not surprised.They say it may die.....or shift to N-of I-80.Am I surprised? No just hope they are wrong. I need some rain.

Sitting on the back porch here at relatives outside of Story City watching a beautiful rainfall that they don't need. Their place has a great view of the skunk river, and it looks more like the Missouri. Rain washed out the early morning golf game, and now looks like it'll be mid afternoon before much happens outside. Not sure about SE, but based on the radar you can definitely scratch SW off the "in need of rain" list.

NWBuck

Yes I had flooding back in 2009. I feel for all that are suffering! Drought is almost better than flood if you can water things.The big rain complex of Sat-july5 the made it to Ottumwa Fairfield area and began to die out east from there. My land got an inch. Just enough..Hope any one that needed more got it. Not many places like that I know. Part of SE IA dry? Maybe not.Just what I heard on WHO-radio.

SE Iowa is in perfect condition. Perfect rains all spring and summer so far. I jumped a hen turkey with 12-15 poults two days ago on my big farm near West Point. One of my clients saw 20 or so quail poults the other day near Mediapolis.

Good to hear. My part of SE Iowa looks great too. We are fortunate.Got enough now. Don't want to look like DesMoines area. I know a farmer up there. SAD!

Ive got 2.0 on saturday. That makes 11 inches of gold here south of Ottumwa since June 1... Will see if we too get in on the flooding next few days

Top Bottom