Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

waterfowlin'

FinBonZ

Life Member
We pulled our blind Sunday to basically end our waterfowl season. We had a better year than the last two, but that isn't saying much. Seems like if you aren't out hunting the exact day that there is a push, you miss out on the "migration". I know a lot of birds are still north, but we had a ssllooww week during the Thanksgiving week which is usually a great time to hunt.

Here are a couple pictures from this year.

When the going gets tough on the river, head to the ponds and do some old school pond jumping! Not our favorite way to hunt but it was still fun. Check out the two mallards next to the goose. Absolutely gorged with corn!
103_2806.jpg

103_2810.jpg

After watching seagulls all morning, my son informed my hunting buddy and me that there was a goose right on top of us. Ended up getting my first Ross goose with his help! This one is going on the wall (and will end up on my son's room).
101_2802.jpg

Looks pretty serious about this doesn't he?!
101_2804.jpg

Nice Rossy! I have a feeling that youngster is gonna be a serial fowl killer before too long!

Great photos, waterfowl are such beautiful birds.

It’s always great to see a young man hunting. :)

Nice shootin! It's just starting here. My shoulder hurts from all the shooting (and missing). Should be out there today, NW winds 20-30 mph, first snow, etc but I'm just too danged tired. Going back out tomorrow. I'll post up some pics.

Top Bottom