Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WE GOT ER DONE!!!!

Liv4Rut

Well guys, My cousin and I had a great time in the stand tonight. we weren't able to hunt this morning, so we decided to leave around 1 and get to the field we were going to hunt that night and hang our stands. we got them up side by side ,overlooking an alfalfa field. we got in there about 5:30 and around 6, three little bucks entered the field, and a couple does which my cousin decided to let walk. A little while later we had three more does come downwind of us about 10 yards away from the tree looking around and sniffing where we had been earlier. I thought for sure they would spook, since we were both drenched in sweat, but they didn't. Finally the lead doe, lead them out in the field more and I happened to look over and a good buck came out of the timber from our left, i told him to wait until he was in the shooting lane in front of us, i fired up the video camera and told him to shoot when he was ready, the deer entered the opening and he shot and dropped it. It was a great hunt, watching someone else shoot their biggest buck and getting it all on tape
cool.gif
goodluck to all you youth hunters
smile.gif

1005youth_hunt-med.jpg

That is way to cool, and all on tape. Congrats to your cuz, and for you to guide him, you guys broke the virginity, first to get the hands bloddy of 2004. Rock on!!!
laugh.gif

Way to go!!!!! Awesome buck!!!! It great when a plan comes together. Keep up the great work, lots of season left.
cool.gif

Nice buck guys! Ive been tryin to get a hunt like that on video for 4 yrs now . It never seems to come together quite like you described this hunt
smirk.gif
Congrats, youll be able to live this great hunt over and over again!

Awsome job LIV!! I second what Muddy said about waiting for the first harvest photos to show up here. It's only gonna get better!!
applause.gif
applause.gif

Just one thing LIV, tell him to smile!!
grin.gif

That is so cool Liv. Would love to see the video. Congratulations to the hunter....tha's one to be very proud of.

Thanks guys and Kat, it sure was a great hunt. we shot him about a half hour before dark on public land in SE Iowa. He scored right around 140 and weighed 160 lbs dressed.
smile.gif
here is another picture from today
cool.gif

1005yhd2-med.jpg

Great job, guys ! Also, I really like the time you put in to take some quality harvest photos. Well done.

Atta boy!!!! Great buck. Can't wait till next weekend to get my Little Brother-in-law out there for a chance at a brusier like that. Once again GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Top Bottom