Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Weather forecasts....

IowaBow

Who do you all trust the most for your weather forecasts?

Will be heading out tonight and weather.com is telling me winds will be out of the NW this evening.

Wunderground.com on the other hand is giving me a 180, calling for winds out of the SE this evening, wee bit of a difference there.

I just checked 3 weather websites

One calls for NW winds this afternoon
One calls for SW
One calls for ESE

Frusterating, I know

Yeh they all seem to think it's going to be some type of westerly wind by tomorrow, it's just the guess of when it's going to turn...

We have SSE here at the house right now.. gonna go shoot a few rounds then headin out guess i'll just have to guess.

Iowabow,
Tonight's a tough one. I've been having the same problem in my investigation today and I think what's going on is that we're now at somewhat south and it's slowly going to turn to the west and soon after to the northwest. Difficult to get updated forecasts with that kind of shift right at crunch time. Also hard to pick a stand location! I'd roll the dice and figure on west to northwest for the final hours of light.

Yeh i'm pickin a funnel, SE or NW is fine, due west will hurt so if it changes during crunch time i'll just hope it changes fast, allthough i have more chance of stuff comin from the west than east in the evening so should be good.

Southwest winds Sat ahead of a strong push of cold air, North Sunday afternoon with high winds, then settle down Monday, and winds will come back to south rest of week and don't let the cold make us think it is here to stay,Forecast fore next week, and first week of Nov,,,Above average Temps,,and eventually rain again. Probably be best in mornings, as looks like sweat time again.

Weather.com has always been pretty accurate for me. I wasnt too impressed with accuweather when i tried it. I use it alot for fishing. Wind is the most important thing IMO.

Weather.com says SSW winds in the morning. Im hoping it stays that way.

Type in National Weather Service on the Internet. Or NOAA, type in your ZIP and you get your day to day forecast, wind directions etc. Also down in right hand corner, Click on the discussion. They give a detailed look at short term and long term weather,,Very Informative,,better than Accu weather I think. I have emaile the local DesMoines office and they always answer me. Nice guys.

Accu weather is Ok, but their extended 15 day forecasts are usually way off, from what actually happens. Wild swings in temps from day to day.

I have had good luck with weather.com the hour by hour selection and check it as close as possible to when your headed out. Usually pretty close shows within the hour expected change of wind direction.

I use weather.com too and it's reasonably close. Like whack-n-stack said, check it as close to the time that you are heading to the woods and it will give you a good idea of what to expect.

Latest Nat weather service long range,,70s by next weekend, upper 60s anyway. If they are ruttin,,it'll be in the mornin,,no doubt.

I go to the Intellicast website. I like their radar, plus they have a wind forcast called Windcast. It will show you the wind direction on a map for 3 different times a day, and for the next day in advance. I always check it before i go out to my stand. Always accurate. If you keep watching it you can get to understand low and high pressure fronts, and how the wind acts when they are coming and going.

I was going to provide a link to the Windcast address but my computer is not cooperating right now. Check it out, you wont regret it if you watch the wind closely.

Top Bottom