Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

weather question

bjkpharmd

I look at National Weather service at www.weather.gov & Weather channel www.weather.com forecasts. Like all weather forecasts- it seems like 50/50 or a little better that they get it right. Sometimes they don't agree or aren't updated at the same time. What site or sources does everyone use to watch the weather?

I use the weather bug. Its great and has live weather readings that I don't think other sites have. You have to download it but it is a lot easier to access. Go to weatherbug.com to download it.
wink.gif

I normally use: intellicast.com

I would not bet the farm on their local readings, but I use there "Windcast" pretty relgiously; is pretty darn accurate. You can look at different predicated wind conditions at various times of the day from 1am, 7am, 1pm 7pm. I found this to be most useful for hunting purposes. Their radar is also pretty good it has poplar and nexrad technology with loop features. Good Luck

Weathermen use the "force" anyway, I don't hold my breath when looking at any weather forcast anywhere!

I like the weather.com site. Its has an hourly forecast that I like to use to see "roughly" when a front is coming through. It also shows wind directions and speed. I printed it out almost everyday before my hunts this past year and it was very accurate. It helped me form a better plan before I even made it into the woods. Even if the wind changed 180 degrees during the middle of my hunt I was already expecting it so I wasn't as dissapointed.

I have mostly used accuweather.com .... occasionally intellicast.com ....... I really find the hourly wind forecasts to be very accurate and beneficial when planning stand sites for a day of hunting....... sometimes the wind will be right in the morning but predicted to shift later in the day... definately has been useful in that regard.

Top Bottom