Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Weed ID

Fishbonker

Life Member
Anybody got a clue what the two larger plants are in this photo? The blue thing is a pop top on the ground as a size reference. This is stuff I frost seeded on March 17th. After several gully washers I think most of the seed is now in the Cedar River. The Darker green one next to the one with the small white flowers looks to me like a radish other than that I'm cluless, but you already knew that.
269weeds_1_3_1-med.jpg

And more importantly, are they anything that will attract wildlife?

The 'Bonker

The one with flowers looks alot like buckwheat to me, maybe wild buckwheat,

the other one I see fairly often, don't know what it is but I have found it in the crop of a turkey before.

[ QUOTE ]
The one with flowers looks alot like buckwheat to me, maybe wild buckwheat,

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, the one looks like buckwheat. The others look a little like rape but I'm just guessing..let us know if anything eats it!
grin.gif

A Coors can? Good chance that could be true.

There was buckwheat in the mix.

Thanks for the info.

The 'Bonker

The very last thing I ever considered giving the "Bonker" information about was "Weed ID"!
evil.gif

Treestand locations, shed hunting, travel patterns, habitat enhancement, but never, and I mean never...did I ever think the "Bonker" would be questioning "WEED ID" on this forum.
evil.gif

By the way, you have some California Buckwheat and some Columbian broadleaf gold in your picture, not to mention the blue tab from a Coors frost brew liner can!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, you have some California Buckwheat and some Columbian broadleaf gold in your picture, not to mention the blue tab from a Coors frost brew liner can!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Over the years I've had little foodplots in "back 40 " places...and you wouldn't believe the number of times I seen helicopters hovering over them...pretty sure they were checking "weed ID" also...
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Over the years I've had little foodplots in "back 40 " places...and you wouldn't believe the number of times I seen helicopters hovering over them...pretty sure they were checking "weed ID" also...
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been in a couple of those choppers, Bell Kiowa 8's I think, and I'll guarantee you this much, those boys were not mushroom huntin!!
grin.gif
Nor did they seem keen on going coyote hunting as I suggested...weird...

Top Bottom