Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Weird year questions

So I have been watching a pretty good buck with both sides for the past three nights. He's been with a lone doe those three nights and showing rut like behavior. It's almost like she didn't get bred in any of the previous estrus cycles, gotta love the buck:doe ratio in NW IA after the implementation of a buck only 1st shotgun. Is this even possible?

Mid-March does seem late, but I have heard from other people that I think are credible that they have seen rutting behavior(breeding) in February...so I suppose it is possible.

It could be a fawn coming into estrus. It's my understanding that the first cycle is tied to the fawn achieving a certain body size/weight before she cycles.

February 11th, 2016, I watched a decent buck bird dogging a small doe at 11 am. I was also getting series of pics on trailcams of bucks sparring. Assumed that there were fawns in the area coming into their first estrous. March seems late, but it doesn't surprise me that much from what I've seen this year.

February 11th, 2016, I watched a decent buck bird dogging a small doe at 11 am. I was also getting series of pics on trailcams of bucks sparring. Assumed that there were fawns in the area coming into their first estrous. March seems late, but it doesn't surprise me that much from what I've seen this year.

Just for the record, when I said earlier in this thread that I had heard from other people that I considered to be credible that they had witnessed breeding in February...I did NOT include JNRBronc in that group. He is a straight up wild man and who knows what he really saw on February 11th! :D :D :D

Just for the record, when I said earlier in this thread that I had heard from other people that I considered to be credible that they had witnessed breeding in February...I did NOT include JNRBronc in that group. He is a straight up wild man and who knows what he really saw on February 11th! :D :D :D

Hey now!! :mad:

I got a witness that stood beside me, sharing the binocs. ;)

Top Bottom