Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Welcome to my home, birds.

Wapsi Tree Rat

I'm 51 years old and I know I haven't seen it all, but yesterday was one step closer. The whole family was home and we whipped up some homemade pizza. We did pepperoni, green pepper, onion and deer sausage. Fantastic!

We all grabbed a plate and headed for the living room. 5 minutes later we heard a knock at the front door. My oldest son Cody got up and went to see who was there. We couldn't believe it!

turkey 1.png

He stepped back from the doorway and the birds came right on in! I promise you I have never fed them and it is extremely rare to see them near the house, but there they were. They marched right on inside and started checking things out.

turkey 6.png

I probably should have been the grown up adult and kicked the birds out of the house, but at this point I'm like "what's the worst that can happen?" I pulled out my phone and started recording. What followed was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life! Maybe you had to be here...maybe not. Here's my favorite freeze frame.

turkey 3.png

Here's a link to the entire video. Hope it works!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Fvi9TQuiCGX7sUdN7

Last edited:
That's awesome, their gonna be great pets
Um, no they won't! It was pretty close to dark when they got tossed outside, so we let them roost in the garage rafters last night. They didn't fly down this morning till 11:30! Does anyone know just how much poop a turkey can generate in that amount of time?!! Needless to say they were tossed out in the cold and all garage doors shut! I'm not totally heartless though. I got a $10 bag of bird seed and went WAY up the driveway with it. Tonight, they are roosted in a tree overlooking the front yard. First kid to leave the garage door open is in TROUBLE!!

Im pretty sure the deer in my yard would do that, the turkeys, not so much... my dog plays with the deer, and usually they follow him right up to the edge of the garage....

Lol, so what is on his phone that's more interesting than than what's going on in front of him?
It's good you got pictures, I don't think anyone would believe you otherwise.

• Deleted by Wapsi Tree Rat
  • Reason: Ooops
Show…
That is awesome!

I had a Canadian goose follow me down the road, into my driveway, and onto the front porch before. It was clearly tame though. I opened my garage to try and catch it in my dog crate and it just walked in the crate by itself for a piece of bread. Easiest trapping job I ever had!

I have to wonder if those turkeys were somewhat domesticated? I can't imagine that turkey not smacking and spurring the bajesus out of your son for trying to pick it up. o_O I've seen hand to spur combat with a turkey before. My buddy won the contest but did not come out unscathed. (Still one of my best funniest hunting memories.)

Great story and pictures no matter what though!!!

Top Bottom