Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Went icefishing yesterday

sofakingfast_1

Well i think ive got the picture posting deal figured out finally. Me and my buddy mike traveled to macomb yesterday to catch some crappie at a private pond i fish on. We drilled 2 holes where i caught some good fish last year. We didnt pull out any crappie. Ended up with 252 bluegill though. Not bad for 3 hours of fishing. We probably would of stayed longer but we ran out of bait. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
me_with_the_fish.jpg

icefishing2.jpg

While im at it, heres a decent sized spoon i caught in bonaparte iowa last year. 31 pounds. Shes a small one compared to some of them ive hooked onto though. Just the only one i had a picture of.
spoonbill.jpg

Heres my buddy Todd he fishes Cabela's Crappie USA tournaments. This is in Missouri. Biggest crappie ive ever seen caught. Im good at catching the small ones.
todds_crappie.jpg

Nice catch of gills.They will make some good eating. Pretty hard to beat a mess of gill filets fresh from the ice.

252 Gillies!!!! Hope you got a good knife sharpener.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

There is nothing better than fresh fish off the ice! Good Job.

Sweet. bout time with a pic! You gotta get up here, the crappies and Walleyes are going nuts.(easy catching) but we'll talk about that this wknd... good job!

ive never been walleye fishing before. ive caught alot of smallmouth when they spawn in small creeks off the miss. alot of guys i know hammer the eyes under the dam. need to try it sometime

hey now! easy on my hand auger.haha i bought that baby for 30 bucks with a blade sharpener included. that thing drills a hole through 10 inches of ice in about 10 seconds! shes a good'n!!!! only a 6 inch hole but ive pulled a 8 pound channel cat through that little hole! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

This is how i use to roll........

icefishing002-1.jpg

Enough is enough.......
icefishing001-1.jpg

10inches, pretty yellow pin striping...... 30 holes in 2 minutes with beer in hand..... Pricelesssss!

icefishing003-1.jpg

hahahaha thats great. i figured thats where this was going.....i see you even have one like mine with the adjustable height. sweet!

Just finished a supper of gills my son and I iced yesterday. Only about a dozen or so keepers, but some true slabs that were a blast to catch. Should have a nice long ice season up here...18+ inches most places.

Nice batch of gillies! We've got 12-14" of ice on my pond. Fish are still growing but the boys still think they're fun to catch.

That is a ton of bluegills! I have been doing pretty well on the trout pond here in town. Haven't gotten into any decent sized fish anywhere else. I would love to get into a school of crappies. There are few fish that taste better fried than a crappie!

Id love to find a school of crappie also. Havent caught one through the ice this year. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Theres lakes where i know i could find some but they are all posted NO ICE FISHING. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

i wish. knowing my luck id get to the middle and fall through and the game warder would point at me and say HAHA READ THE SIGN DUM@$$!!!!

Top Bottom