Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

West Texas 8

wapsiguy

PMA Member
I spent a few days last week in west Texas and ended up seeing a lot of deer but nothing of any size. We saw many spikes, forks and a few 6 ers. We aren’t sure if it had something to do with the severe drought but something was definitely off. Only 1 of the 4 guys saw pigs and he couldn’t capitalize on it. No quail but then again I didn’t try for them and I also saw a few Rio turkeys.

I also want to say that this is about 800 acres of privately owned ground west of Dallas about 4-1/2 - 5 hours and this is not a paid or guided hunt.

All in all I was very pleased to have taken this good 8 and look forward to heading back next year. :way:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Texas is a riot, a friend from San Antonio and I have hunted there for the last 5 years. (northwest of S.A.)
Nice buck, congrats !

I take it you can buy tags over the counter in TX.

I've hunted with my brother-in-law in south Texas for 6 years now and a NR license is $300. It includes 5 whitetail tags (2 antlerless, 1 any sex, 2 buck tags), 2 mule deer tags (1 buck, 1 antlerless), 4 turkey tags (2 fall, 2 spring depending on county and Eastern vs Rio) and it allows you take 2 javelina without a tag.

And Nice 8 pt. Over near Waco or farther west?

Texas is one of the most fun places I have ever hunted. Truly a rifle hunters paradise. That is a pretty West Texas 8 :way:

I've hunted with my brother-in-law in south Texas for 6 years now and a NR license is $300. It includes 5 whitetail tags (2 antlerless, 1 any sex, 2 buck tags), 2 mule deer tags (1 buck, 1 antlerless), 4 turkey tags (2 fall, 2 spring depending on county and Eastern vs Rio) and it allows you take 2 javelina without a tag.

Holy sh*t that is alot of tags for $300...amazing

Holy sh*t that is alot of tags for $300...amazing
Exactly what I was thinking. Thats alot of bangin' for your buck

Nice buck and our state does welcome NR and you do get alot for your money. One thing about our state is they let the landowners manage the herds for the betterment of the herd.

Top Bottom