Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What are y'all's thoughts on score for this buck?

I know he won't score high, because he is only a 7 and has shortish brows, but just wanted to hear your thoughts. Now remember, this is a MS buck, not one of those 300 lb deer y'all have up there.:)

Also, I am quite sure that this buck is 4.5 yrs old.

EK000111.jpg

6B4E102E-8EB2-451A-ADDD-870DB2A891D9-10472-000008F923EA4321.jpg

EK000511.jpg

PICT0610.jpg

EK000757.jpg

I'd say he'd score in the high 120's or 130's. Not having too many points doesn't help the score. But he is tall with good width and tine length. So that makes up for some.

Ud be lucky to reach 120" with him. But hes one that looks much bigger than what he will score. He doesn't have many points, much for g1's or g3's.... Main beams, g2, width, and a little mass is all hes got. Score doesn't mean crape tho... if u like him and are proud of him, kill him!:)

I ran the numbers and came up with 116". He basically only has 2 tines that will boost the score (both G2's). Short brows and a short G3 on his left side won't help the score much at all.

In all reality, this deer has a great frame and some good mass. Score won't do him any justice as he has very few points to add up but really a pretty nice buck!

cjgarrett I was actually sitting in that ground blind when he came in to a grunt call ready to whip some tail on Dec 20th. :)

Would have liked to taken him with my bow, but we were getting 40 mph wind gusts that day, and I didn't want to chance it (infact that was the first time I had carried my rifle all season). I have 300-400 cam pics of this buck since June, and a few from last year. He was 4.5 yrs old, and went 120" gross. I agree with JRudd and MNbuckhunter, score wasn't the main factor with this buck (because I went into it knowing he wouldn't score high), he was a just good mature buck, and he looks cool because he has a great frame, eventhough he is lacking points. I couldn't be more happy with him.

EE369C94-2465-4765-A478-30721AE117DD-8666-000006A209B2FF7A.jpg

Im a little curious of actual measurements.. congrats on a great deer, but I have a hard time coming up with 120... your h-4 measurements look tiny, and brows are short... what are those g-2s for length?

thanks, heck of a deer...and i agree, that pic doesnt show his mass at all!! Thats where I was so far off on my guess..haha..thanks again and congrats again

Congrats! thats a trophy of a 7 no doubt! i killed one similar to it in 2011 shotgun season that grossed 118 2/8.. never imagined id be after a 7, but i was/am very happy with a "sub trophy buck" according to inches and record books. hes still one of my favorite to date.. had my eye on him all summer and came through nicely just as you did with this buck! :)

Man that harvest photo makes him look a lot smaller than the trail cam pics. That's a heck of a 7 point! Congrats!

Thanks y'all, I am very happy with him. He is my first buck off of this piece of property (which is in the city limits), and my first buck that I have had on cam, and specifically set out to harvest. I decided to get him shoulder mounted, and will get him in an upright agressive pose to the right, similar to the 3rd trail cam photo. He should look real good on the wall!

I know he won't score high, because he is only a 7 and has shortish brows, but just wanted to hear your thoughts. Now remember, this is a MS buck, not one of those 300 lb deer y'all have up there.:)

Also, I am quite sure that this buck is 4.5 yrs old.

I also hunt in mississippi. What part do you hunt in.

Top Bottom