Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

what Broadheads are you going to use

iowachip

just a thought, what broadheads are you useing, i am going to get new ones this year, i have always just got the cheap ones, you know the blue ones from wal-mart. just would like to know

I've got some new Crimson Talon XT's to try this year.

I used the Crimson Croc's last year for the first time. They fly straight, but I didn't like the cutting diameter.

Haven't heard any complaints about Muzzy's.

AND there is a lot of RAGE about the RAGE...if you're looking for mechanicals.

I started with 3 blade muzzys and have never had a complaint with them so I aint changing.

Kinda like that saying dont fix it if it aint broken.

Dean

I shot Montecs last fall and they did a nice job. They flew and performed well, even put one completely through the spine on a large doe. That head was bent, along with another one that wont be reusable either, but both were severly punished. They are a tough head.
I also really like the Rock Mountian Titainium heads. Very sharp and shoot great. Two drawbacks, they are pricey and a little harder to assemble than the muzzy type heads.

My fixed blade choice is the G5 Montec, and I shoot a NAP Spitfire expandable, both at 100 grains.

Montec G5 is my broadhead of choice also. I really get sick of a seeing a new gimmick/flash in the pan broadhead come out every year. The G5's have performed great for the past 3-4 years for me. I will continue to use them until that changes.

I've tried many & there are alot of good heads but I will stick with Steel Force.
948PICT0002a-med.JPG

You have to give slick tricks a try, shooting the new PSE X-force they are very accurate with the speed out to 60yds.

[ QUOTE ]
Wasp Jakhammer 75grain
waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I like mine in 100 grains.

I also have some old Bear Super Razorheads in my quiver.

Both worked for me last year.

Muzzy. 3 Blade. 100 grain.

Every deer I've ever killed was with them. Very reliable and dependable.

Just look at my avatar.

If you feel like getting crazy you can go with the 4 blade option.

Like what was said before, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I have used Rocket sidewinders for the past 10 yrs. Have not lost a deer. Farthest track 100 yrds, usually 30 to 70.

Had good luck with Jak-Hammers last year. Gonna give Rage 2-blades a go this year. Still have a few Muzzy's and Rocky Mountain Titaniums ready for action too.

This will be my third year with the 4-blade slick tricks... tough like Muzzy's, but they fly much better.

I think im going to switch from the Spitfire XP to the 2 blade Rages. I also have the 3 bladed Hammerheards that i used for turkeys that i was very impressed with!

I'm still gonna Muzz it up this season but I must say I've heard some great things about the Wasp Jak-Hammers if you are looking for an expandable. Seen one that had shot 4 does and a turkey and still was mechanically sound with blades sharp enough to split a hair on a flea's ass from 20 yards.

I went with the Thunderhead 100 XP's. They have a new cut-on-contact tip and fly great! Shot three deer with them last year and watched them all tip over within 60 yards! Gotta love that!
grin.gif

Top Bottom