Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What did I get myself into…

T_Max

PMA Member
Bought this little gem today on an online auction. Will surely give me plenty to tinker with. Auction site said the thought all of the parts were there. We shall see…
2df5f29fd29269455cbf2e1baad0360b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I’m not sure why they stripped it. I talked to the auctioneer after it closed and he said all of the major parts are there for sure. May be missing some nuts or bolts at worst. My plan is to do a pretty thorough restoration as I rebuild it. I got it for $500 so there is a lot of room to improve. I may need to hit you up for reference pics as I go.

Been eyeing a 3 point mounted 4 row 7000/7100 off and on for several years now.

But I may have to go custom from someone like KS Farms because I like the idea of 15” narrow row units to grow Milo/sorghum or beans. Even corn at very low population.

$500 is a steal!!! 7000’s are great planters!!!! Shoup has lot of pretty low cost parts. My favorite one has row cleaners & some aftermarket closing wheels. Got corn meters worked on/calibrated so seed rate is great. Million parts & options for em. Even if put in some coin- planter last forever for a food plotter.

$500 is a steal!!! 7000’s are great planters!!!! Shoup has lot of pretty low cost parts. My favorite one has row cleaners & some aftermarket closing wheels. Got corn meters worked on/calibrated so seed rate is great. Million parts & options for em. Even if put in some coin- planter last forever for a food plotter.

If you have one on hand, I may need to hit you up for some reference pics as well. I pick it up Tuesday so I will see exactly what we got.

I do have a general question that I know I want answered. It is a 36” row unit. I know in order to make these 4 row wides narrower you have to cut the wheel assembly from the frame and move it. Would it make sense that the wheel arms could be rewelded to plate steel and mounted to the frame with u-bolts like other models so they can be adjusted again if needed? In doing some research, it seems that is the main limiting factor in adjusting these planters.

From what I recall.. I believe you can run down to about 26" spacing with the the wheel assembly on the inside.

Had KS Farms tell me moving to the outside gets down to about 20" row spacing. Otherwise you would need narrow row units to get any tighter.

I'm jealous - fun project! Lots of ways to upgrade a 7000/7100.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a set of manuals or know where I can buy a set? This thing is STRIPPED!

Looks like they exist on ebay. If u need pictures we have one for a sweetcorn planter. I can get you pictures if you need them.

I’m not sure exactly what manual I need though. This thing is broken down to some very basic parts. I’m going to need schematics I think. If anyone has a manual, would the one you have show that level of detail?

I’m not sure exactly what manual I need though. This thing is broken down to some very basic parts. I’m going to need schematics I think. If anyone has a manual, would the one you have show that level of detail?

I will look and see if dad has a manual for his. John deere has an online parts catalog that goes by section. Some of the pictures on there might give you what you are looking for.

That’s a good idea. There is one coffee can full of shims, bushings, and washers.

I can probably help you. I run a JD service dept for VanWall. I have LOTS of experience with 7000's. Planters are kind of my thing so if you need something you can reach out.

If I give you the serial number can you check if you guys sell a TM or something I can use for reference to reassemble this planter? I am using the JD website and it’s nice, but I think having a manual with me will be handy.

If I give you the serial number can you check if you guys sell a TM or something I can use for reference to reassemble this planter? I am using the JD website and it’s nice, but I think having a manual with me will be handy.

We can try it but you may have a hard time finding what you need for reference to put it back together. Feel free to send the info and I will see what I can find for you.

Serial Number was A07000 A011826. The 0 in the second series of numbers may actually be an O. Hard to tell. I really want to see all the subassemblies in an exploded view.

ae30d889a39aa29cf9426770c7774288.jpg

Got it set up on sawhorses yesterday. It was torn down far enough I am going to take it the rest of the way and do a full restoration and upgrades. See if I can make it something to hand down to my boy someday. What are some must-haves you would want if you were starting from scratch? Prefer to make it no-till, but it is just the standard 5x7 frame.

Top Bottom