What do you recommend planting

hawkeyemike

For a first year food plot, was thinking a clover blend, can I plant clover and turnips at the same time? Or should I just plant one thing in one place and the other in another.

I planted Evolved Habitat 7 Card Stud last year, very impressed with the mix. This year it will be mixed in with my beans in all of my food plots. This mix grew well for me and the deer literally dug most of the plot out of the ground. Do your research on the Internet for best prices, black bear sporting goods has the best price so far that I have found.

Dbltree's mix & rotation- he posts it on here obviously & it is killer. Clover blend (of your choosing) for maybe 10-15% (I like ladino's, kopu, alice, durana, red, etc), 45% turnips & radishes, 45% mix of rye, oats, peas, clover, radishes.

Dbltree's mix & rotation- he posts it on here obviously & it is killer. Clover blend (of your choosing) for maybe 10-15% (I like ladino's, kopu, alice, durana, red, etc), 45% turnips & radishes, 45% mix of rye, oats, peas, clover, radishes.

x2
You can not go wrong with this.

Ive got some smaller clover plots maybe 1/3 acre each .
Tried RR corn on an acre and it grew fine 3-7 ft tall, deer and coons were eating it and knocking it down before cobs were growing ,once the cobs started growing they destroyed the corn , So I wont be planting that agin. Had acre and a half of ground hog radishes ,purple tops, rape,brassicas and they really didnt get hit till Jan 7th .

I frost seeded those existing plots 2/7 and frost seeded into one of the turnip plots 2/9 and a fall tilled soil 2/9 with clover as well.
This spring I will be planting sainfoin,clover,black oil sunflowers,sorghum,canada wild rye. Then some soybeans,sugar beets.
Its a pain in the rear, with weeds and fescue constantly trying to overtake plots.
Good luck

Back