Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What do you think.... 180"??

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
Unfortunately, these are not mine, a friend asked to share and get some opinions on his potential score, and yet wished to remain annonymous.

I know it is hard to judge a deer in velvet, but if you had to take a guess, what do you think this chunk would score????

BB_1.JPG

BB_2.JPG

BB_3.JPG

BB_4.JPG

BB_5.JPG

BB_7.JPG

Re: What do you think.... 180"??

doesn't have the tine length for 180, but looks like he has the points & mass to make up for it.

i would say 170's to 180 gross.. he's got some good mass and a great spread.. but his tines look like they are only about 8 or 9 inches...comparing them to an average 6" ear...im sure he still has some growing to do though! Nice buck

Cull buck. Get him out of the herd at once! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I'm guessing he would be pleasantly surprised at the score on that one once he's done growing. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif We all knew they weren't you're pics Thomas, the trees weren't blurred in the background! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We all knew they weren't you're pics Thomas, the trees weren't blurred in the background! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

That and i dont believe in shooting big deer like that......

i just get lucky with the small stupid ones....

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I don't know about 180, but i think he should hit the 170's by the time he's done growing!

If you look at the bulbs on top of a lot of his points, in my experience those deer have a bit of growing left to do. I will be curious to see what he looks like in a few weeks yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unfortunately, these are not mine, a friend asked to share and get some opinions on his potential score, and yet wished to remain annonymous.

I know it is hard to judge a deer in velvet, but if you had to take a guess, what do you think this chunk would score????</div></div>

hoofline.gif

I don’t know what that buck will score, as you say velvet bucks are difficult to score sometimes.

What I do know is that deer is not a shooter! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

He never will be a shooter unless you guys use some of my “special” mineral lick formula. Send me a PM to set up a date and I will personally set out a mineral lick for you and your friend in this bucks home range.

Did I convince you? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Thomas please tell your friend that we appreciate him sharing with us. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Details Here!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; iowawhitetail.com, Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.
11.jpg

His score will be better determined after he's harvested.

I would think 180 is realistic. 6X6 with that spread and mass with time left to put on tine length, he'll be worthy of sticking an arrow in. Tell your bud, good luck with the chase. I'm guessing he's excited for the season to open...I would be.

Heck I don't have anything like that running my area and I'm still excited for season to open.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nacho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Nice buck..... </div></div>

We're talking about the buck, not Thomas. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 180class</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nacho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Nice buck..... </div></div>

We're talking about the buck, not Thomas. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Man you guys bust his chops! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I hope he knows it's all in good fun! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

As others have said, it depends on future growth but he'll need to add significant length to his 2's, 3's, and 4,s to make 180+ IMO. Short tines hurt score fast, time will tell the story and I hope it has a happy ending for your friend. A great buck irregardless!

Top Bottom