Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What have you forgotten while hunting?

This past spring, I found a match set of Spike shed antlers laying side by side. That in itself I thought was an amazing accomplishment. I stuffed both of them into my back pocket of my bluejeans and walked the 1/2 mile back to my house. Got back and realized only one shed was in my pocket! There was no way I was going to give up on that little guy, so, I turned around and had to try to find that damn thing again. Thankfully, it was only about 200 yards away laying on the slope of the bank of a small creek I crossed.
My buddy once left his bow laying unstrapped in his bowcase, case wide open on his open tailgate with gloves, rangefinder,and binos all laying on top and drove about 20 miles home, including about 5 miles on I-80. About crapped his pants when he got out of his truck when he got home and noticed what he had done... Didn't lose anything, not even a glove!
That reminds me, this year, I somehow left my dewalt flashlight on the bumper of my truck and it wasn't until someone waved me down about 15 miles away that I realized it was there.. Can't believe that didn't fall off

Funny story not hunting related. When we moved to our knew place I was cutting open a bunch of boxes with a big knife. I had to go to the recycle place so away I went. Apparently I left the knife sitting on the bumper and didn't notice it. About a mile away I am sitting at stop light listening to the radio when all the sudden someone is beating my driver window holding a knife into the window. I about crapped my pants until I recognized the life. Talk about hilarious for both of us.

Top Bottom