Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What is this track?

ReinertsonTaxidermy

I was hunting in Marion County and saw these fresh tracks right after a heavy rain. The pic makes my hand look bigger, but these were large tracks. Big coyote, bobcat, Mt Lion?
track.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BFDog. </div></div>

TRUE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ask AA </div></div>
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ask AA </div></div>
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

If you need help. I will come trap it for you and then all the IW guys can identify it for you!!

I think you are dealing with a much larger animal than a lab. More like one of those monster white sheep dogs, or a freakin kodiak saint bernard.

Ok, I'll be the first to say it, Bear. I email this pic to a buddy of mine that is a biologist, and deals with bears on a regular basis. He said it was very possible to be a bear track because of the pad area. I little large for a dog. But, it could also be a dog that slid a little in the mud, making the main pad look bigger. So the area you are in, I would say dog, unless there are regular sitings of a bear, probably not going to be one. Also, the toes are a little out of line for a bear as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BFDog. </div></div>

Kujo!!!!

I can't imagine anyone who has ever had any experience at all with a bear track thinking that is a bear. No way. No part of it is even close: toes, claws, pad... nothing about it resembles a bear track.

It is a dog track. Unless of course there are wolves about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Cat won't ever leave claw marks either.

Big dog for sure.

</div></div>

Doubled up dog print

Top Bottom