Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What is your favorite camo pattern and why?

simplesimon

I am not talking about snow gear, just the stuff you would be wearing during regular hunting situations. I know different times during the season might call for different types, but I was just curious on which pattern you all prefer.

i'm going to try backland outdoors camo this year
full_benefit_pattern.jpg
, but i also think realtree's high definition stuff looks good

I like Advantage Timber in early fall.I like Realtree Xtra grey later.T-Roy is right though,that new HD from Realtree is lookin pretty good.I am pickin me up some asap.

...I like the Natural Gear concept...the predator camos use the same idea...

Like windwalker,I like the predator patterns and the Realtree Extra Gray also.Skyline is another good choice for treestand hunting too.Why?They all have good contrast,where the light and dark colors help break your outline better and cut down on the blob effect.

I prefer the predator camo patterns. The light background color of predator fall grey makes you disappear in a treestand!

i myself prefer mossy oak break up! IMO it's the most versatile. from all of my trips into the woods since i was a kid as far as camo patterns go in the woods the darker the camo the more you fit it no matter what color the woods are!

I find that Advantage Timber really brings out the color of my eyes...
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I find that Advantage Timber really brings out the color of my eyes...
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

nono.gif
bigshock.gif

You know Camo, you’ve touched on something very important: the only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize... (she said with a somewhat vacant look in her green eyes with gold and grey flecks while twirling her hair absent mindedly around her finger...) However, its a known fact that wearing the Mossy Oak pattern tends to make your butt look big, so that pattern must be restricted to gloves and earrings only...

There you go, Bonkers – Mossy Oak bottoms with the classic Bonkerflage top. Mixing patterns is big this fall. And don’t be afraid to play around with texture...it can really make an outfit. A few strategically placed Sneaky Leaves would complete the look and will carry you from an evening in the treestand to a night on the town.

You look marvelous...
grin.gif

Kat, you are quite the couturiere, and I've always wanted to wear couture camo.

Oh oh, new show idea, "Queer Eye For The Hunting Guy". I feel a 'Bonker story starting to take shape......wait..... Naw, it was gas.

The 'Bonker

How ‘bout 'Sex and the Treestand,' a show about four fabulous single girls in the deer woods...

Samantha: Bedding area??? Honey, I’m hunting there!!

Charlotte: Miranda, why do you lug around that heavy climber?
Miranda: I like the symbolism.

Carrie: Look at my new Prada pac boots! Charlotte, you can’t take your handbag hunting with you.
Charlotte: But Fendi doesn’t make a fanny pack. Samantha, what is that fragrance you’re wearing??
Samantha: It's brand new from Chanel, it’s called Heat, it’ll be perfect for the rut…

I can see it now. Kat and Bonkers move to Hollywood to become big time tv writers.

Naw, I’d rather go hunting...
cool.gif

I think a buddy of mine has a movie along those lines. We were shooting last night and the topic came up. I think her name was Veronica or something to that effect. All I know is that his wife got pissed when he brought it up. I asked if I could see it and she said she trashed it. Anyways great imagination Kat. I am afraid to admit it but I know all the characters that you were talking about. I loved your illustration. Samantha is my favorite for obvious reasons but you did hit the nail on the head when descibing her if she was deer hunting. I think she would be the type of doe I would want on my hunting property because she would probably stay in heat the whole season and keep all the bucks active.
grin.gif

holy smokes this thread went astray!!!

Not sure for better or worse hahahaha

I like to mix camo patterns to help break up the human outline. Dark on top and light on bottom or the opposite etc.

No true favorites other than the predator, but its HARD to find around here.

Now that I think about it, as a hard core bowhunter the absolute best camo you can get is cover scent. It normally comes in various colors, I tend to stay away from the yellow colored stuff. It stinks the truck up. The clear stuff the smells like the woods though...... I would wear that stuff for deodorant if I could get by with it.....

Thats camoflauge for deer hunting!

Top Bottom