Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

what is your scent "ritual" this year

wegner36

just curious as what everybody is using for cover scents detergents etc.

this season im gonna wash my stuff with scent killer clothing wash

i've got dead down wind field spray, which i will use with fresh earth cover spray and also scent wafers, does anyone else use scent wafers? also curious as to how many use fox urine for a cover...

i've got dead down wind body and hair soap for the once a month shower
grin.gif

i'm gonna try the mouth spray too, anybody else use it? or does anyone use gumoflage?

keep all my stuff in a tub with some dirt and leaves/bark and spray that all down with fresh earth cover. and put one of the fresh earth wafers inside the tub and also pin one to my coat.

and as im sure most do i take the tub out with me and change in the field...

just wondering what others do, if it is not a secret!!!
grin.gif

didn't know if some people use all the same product or have found a good combination of them, i guess im working on trying to find the right combination!

I wonder how hunters killed deer way back when ,,when they did not have all theses products to supposedly take their scent away? Maybe deer were less spooky? Less hunters? I can use all the chemicals in the world and I know I still smell. Especially with warm Octobers, like we have been having. I know deer have to smell me. Maybe not so strong, if I wash down,,spray down,,before going out. Makes you wonder though?

irrelevant if you smell like ass underneath all that. I wouldnt waste time iwth fox urine.
crazy.gif
messy stinky stuff

I'll shower with HS non scented soap, use their non scented deoderant and wash my clothes with a no scent soap. I dress at home and am anal about the wind direction. I have a few pair of boots just for bowhunting, they only get worn while hunting.

For me anymore, anything else is to much work and takes the fun out of it.

[ QUOTE ]
I always find a fresh pile of cow crap and roll in it like a dog. That pretty much covers up my scent.

[/ QUOTE ]
on a serious note, do you think that would spook deer in an area that is miles from cattle?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I always find a fresh pile of cow crap and roll in it like a dog. That pretty much covers up my scent.

[/ QUOTE ]
on a serious note, do you think that would spook deer in an area that is miles from cattle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not, were I'm at, there's cattle in every section, if not every 160 acres.

Shower in dead down wind hair & body wash, put on set of clothes that have been washed in scent lok wash to wear while im driving to my spot, then get dressed in my hunting stuff once i get there. spray down a few diff times in scent killer spray, i use the dirt wafers in my hat. pretty basic i think, watching the wind is most important

Top Bottom