Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What kind of gun, bow, broadhead, slugs?

D

deerslayer22788

I was just wondering what you guys and gals use for guns and bows? What do you prefer for a bow:Mathews, PSE, High Country, Hoyt, Buckmasters, other? Broadhead: Muzzy, Thunderhead, Spitfires, Shockwaves, Rocketheads, other? What about shotgun? Remington, Browning, Winchester, Bretta, Ithica? Barrel: Smooth bore, rifled choke tube, or fully rifled barrel. Slugs: Federal, Remington, Winchester, Active, other?

Just Wondering what everyone uses for equipment,

deerslayer22788

[This message has been edited by deerslayer22788 (edited 12-08-2001).]

I think all bow manufacturers make great products today and it just depends on what features are most important to you. I personally have had a Browning bow for years it was midpriced and shoots well for me. This year I made the switch to expandable broadheads-Rocket steelheads. They performed great, the buck i shot went about 50 yards and piled up, also shot a doe that went about 150 yards, good blood trail helped recover liver shot.

Just switched broadheads. I was using 3 blade, thunderheads at 125 grains. Moved to Fred Bear 100 grain 2 blades. I love how they fly! Dead freaking on.

Only had one shot at a deer this year while bow hunting. Great time for the spring in the arrow rest to go haywire! So, as far as killing is concerned, Looking forward to getting back at it next week.

I shoot a Browning bow w/Muzzy 3-blades for archery season. My Mossberg 835 doubles as my deer and turkey gun. 3 inch Federal Barnes X-Panders for deer in rifled barrel w/fiber optic sights and 3 1/2 inch Winchester Supremes #5 shot for the big birds. Also shoot a side-by-side 20 for quail and roosters.

Historically I am Remington, PSE and Leupold. But I experiment at times and have some things I use for Nolstalgic reasons.

These are a few of my favorite things...

Bow - I am a PSE fan. Plan to try a Mathews in 1 - 2 years.
BroadHeads - I have a stockpile of my favorite Wasp cam-locks.
MuzzleLoader - I've used a Cabela's hawken 54 cal with Simons 2.5 power scope and Hornady 425 grain HPs for years, but will to upgrade to a Remington mod 700 as soon as I get a wallhanger with the Hawken.
Shotgun (deer) - 12 gauge Remington 870 wingmaster, smooth bore slug barrel, open sites
Shotgun (Turkey & waterfowl) - 12 gauge Beneli super black eagle.
Shotgun (Upland) - 20 or 12 gauge 870 wingmaster.
Hi-Powers - Remington model 700's with Leupolds.
Walleyes - I build my own rods with St Croix blanks.
Beer - Budwiser ....

IaCraig

bow- mathews fx really nice for the price.
broadheads- 100grain thunderhead very accurate.
shotgun-i have 2 shotguns my deer gun is a mossberg 660. i dont think they get enough credit for how nice of a gun it is. they are also very cheap. my pheasent gun is a remington 1100. very nice. i would say a fully rifled barrel. i shoot feral for deer and winchester for birds rabbits and squrrils.

Top Bottom