Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What rest?

Personally, I have the QAD and I have had nothing but problems with it. This year my fetching are hitting again and I can't figure out how to fix it. Nothing has changed from last year. Just noticed my groupings weren't as tight this year and noticed my air flight was off... Put a broadband on and couldn't even hit the target... I am at a loss thinking of switching...

I'm going to guess something has changed since last year

Personally, I have the QAD and I have had nothing but problems with it. This year my fetching are hitting again and I can't figure out how to fix it. Nothing has changed from last year. Just noticed my groupings weren't as tight this year and noticed my air flight was off... Put a broadband on and couldn't even hit the target... I am at a loss thinking of switching...

Your anchor point probably changed. Or you could be torquing the bow. Strings could have stretched . Something changed

I read an article in one of the big name hunting magazines in the past year, can't remember which, but they did a bunch of testing with the whisker biscuit vs dropaway rests. They said the accuracy difference was too minimal to notice and the speed was a similar result.
I like to hunt when it gets very cold and nasty so I stick to the WB to reduce moving parts that may freeze or make noise. I did briefly try an Octane with the 3 brushes, similar to a WB. The brushes wore down within a year and they quit making them for the model I had so I switched back to the WB.

I shoot thousands of arrows yearly. I had the QAD for a year and had problems with it sticking. Switched to the Limbdriver pro v. Tuned easy and has shot well.

I have been using Ripcord for the past 3 years and love it. After those 3 years the string was frayed a little and the rest wasn't dropping quite as fast as it should. Called the customer service line and they said to send it to them and the day they received it they would either fix it or replace it and ship it back. Got my new rest within a weeks time, I will be going with them from now on.

Our best selling rests here are:
- #1 Limbdriver Pro-V
- #2 QAD HDX
- #3 Whisker Biscuit

I have limbdrivers on every single one of my own compound bows - hard to beat the simplicity and how well they work on the modern bow.

I read an article in one of the big name hunting magazines in the past year, can't remember which, but they did a bunch of testing with the whisker biscuit vs dropaway rests. They said the accuracy difference was too minimal to notice and the speed was a similar result.
I like to hunt when it gets very cold and nasty so I stick to the WB to reduce moving parts that may freeze or make noise. I did briefly try an Octane with the 3 brushes, similar to a WB. The brushes wore down within a year and they quit making them for the model I had so I switched back to the WB.

I have found similar reviews of the Octane brushes elsewhere. Also questioning if they, or other similar rests, have enough reduced drag compared to the whisker biscuit to be much different. Also wondering if it's easy to get the arrow between the side and bottom brushes if the brushes get worn a little.

For those who have used the whisker biscuit and a drop away, any noticeable difference in time to get your arrow into the rest and draw? Thinking of possible follow up shots where time would matter. Remember, this comes from someone who has not used a drop away.

I have numerous set ups on my bows and rests are something I always toy with. Currently have the Trophy Taker Smackdown set up on my Elite Energy 35
The Limb Driver Pro-V on my Creed
and QAD Pro on my Hoyt
In my opinion the Trophy taker is the quietest and I like that it is limb driven like the Pro-V as to not have any tension on my cables. thats just my opinion and what I like.

QAD gets my vote. Rip Cord is a good choice also but if you need to come off of full draw the rest will release your arrow and after the first time I spooked a 160+" buck at 20 yds I went to QAD.

Top Bottom