Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What to bring to the hunt

NorthWoodsBoy_18

What type of gear do you guys never leave the house without before going to the stand? Type of arrows/broadheads/scent ect. I wanna try some new stuff to maybe improve my hunt!

NorthWoodsBoy_18 said:
What type of gear do you guys never leave the house without before going to the stand? Type of arrows/broadheads/scent ect. I wanna try some new stuff to maybe improve my hunt!

I use buck growl for a call rack PAC for rattling and full metal jacket arrows and rage 2 blade broadheads code blue for scent

Quaker Boy brawler and squeezin bleat for calls. Both of these calls are awesome. Code blue buck urine, standing estrous, doe urine. Had very good luck with code blue. Use conquest herd in a stick on decoy.

Only three things I worry about having along when I leave to hunt. My bow,tree harness, and license. If I have those I can hunt.

I make sure my backpack has about everything I need for any circumstance I could find myself in the woods. The essentials; A Hoyt bow, arrows, and your license and tags. I don't want to ever go to my stand and during the hunt and tell myself I wish I brought this with me! I carry field dressing equipment, knives, Tinks Mock Scrape, Special Golden Estrus, Scent Killer field spray, Scheels Dakota Hunter binos, rangefinder, Knight and Hale PacRack, two doe bleat cans, big game retractable bow string, e-z bow hanger, scent bombs, and a Flextone grunt tube. Boom! it is all about being prepared!!

Most everything I need stays in the truck until I shoot one. Only thing I keep in the house is my baselayers, jeans, and boots (which stay out on the deck). All other clothes are kept in a tub in the truck along with my bow and all my hunting accessories. I have a pretty good system so nothing every gets forgoten or left behind.

If I have the right clothes on, my bow, my rattling antlers, and a couple different grunt tubes, then I'm set.. Carbon Express arrows and Muzzy 3 blades have been doing it for a few years now..

Top Bottom