Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What to do...

THEBAD

I have been watching a couple of booners regularly from about a half mile away, we have not entered there area at all and have them fairly well patterned. My question is should I slip in and put up one of the cameras or continue to leave the area completely alone. I dont want to risk the chance of spooking them out of the area, but would love to get a picture or two of them.

I would personally get a digiscope and take pictures of them that way. No way would I risk alerting them if you don't need to. You can also take pictures after they are dead they are a lot easier to get close to and they are way more tolerant of human scent...
grin.gif

I agree. I would not risk spooking them. If you are able to watch them from a distance, and you have them patterned well, I would not get greedy with trying to get pictures. Wait until you've sent an arrow through one of them, and then take all the pictures you want!

[ QUOTE ]
You can also take pictures after they are dead they are a lot easier to get close to and they are way more tolerant of human scent...
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HA HA So True

You could always set up a camera along a road or fence crossing they are using. Somewhere that's not right in the area of where you are spotting them or going to hunt.

Shon

I don't know about pictures but I'll help you kill them if they are becoming a nuscense to you.
grin.gif
I'll even do it for free.
grin.gif

October 1st would be a good day for pictures.(double lunged and dead) No way would I chance spooking them now!

It's not an original idea by any means, but, I have been messing with my spotting scope and digital camera and have found that if you're steady and line them up correctly, you can take pretty decent photos. If the deer you're watching are out eating, you should have time to focus and snap some shots.
I've been waiting for the stud I've been watching to show his face again so I can put this idea into a live situation. As a test, I was taking great pictures of a street sign that's over 400 yards from my house and was able to read every letter!!
Good luck. I'd love to see some pics!!

Top Bottom