Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What to expect

capttrae

Hey y'all, I'm finally gettin to come up there huntin come December, I'm just right curious as to what kind of weather I should be expecting. I mean I know it's going to be cold, but how cold?

Its iowa, so u never know until the week before. Last year we didn't get much snow and for the most part it wasn't too cold at all. The year before it was terrible! Expect the worst and then you're sure to be prepared!

Month of December can range from 50 above to 30 below. I've hunted shotgun seasons in shirt sleeves, and other times froze my ar$e off no matter how much I wore. Normal would probably be lows in single digits and highs in the 20's or 30's. Good luck :way:

NWBuck

cap, been going to Iowa for a decade now and December is usually cold. Have had either rain, ice or snow nearly every year. As Lyon said prepare for the worst and you can always dress down.

I'm with the others. Prepare for the worst and bring layers. Last year I hunted in the rain and the year before it was waist deep drifts and windchill!

Layers layers layers if you get to warm you can always take it off. Good pair of boots, gloves, and a hat are most important.:way:

Top Bottom