Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

what would u do ?

ia_buck

i hunt public ground and this is my 2nd yr bow hunting the first yr was like owell ill try it but im really into it this yr... last sat i had a stand 20 yards from the grass in the treeline there is alot of acorns and about \70 yrs there is a bean field... so sat night i saw a bunch of deer in the field so i moved it to the bean field sunday night i saw the deer up in the grass... then i saw a big doe last nite 15 yard from the stand i was in and deer in the grass nothing in the bean field... my questine is do i get another stand put it up by the grass or do i just just stay in the stand im in and hope i get lucky? what would u do ? thanks in advance

Im not sure i want to get a big buck or a desent buck or maybe a big doe. I just want to get one. Last yr i didn't get one.

The more stands you can put up the better.

Agree. If you can find stellar locations that allow you to move around and be in excellent areas - that will help you a ton. Having stands for different winds and situations/times is always great. Obviously don't just throw up stands for the sake of having more BUT plenty of time scouting and pin-pointing excellent stand locations should bare some great results. Good luck & have fun!

Humm i thought i had the good spot but might have to look harder next weekend but im sure there's better spots. Thanks guys

When are you seeing them in the grass and when you seeing them in the beans? If your seeing them in the grass during the morning keep a stand there and one other on the beans no matter what I think you need 2 stands. It just determines when the deer are there, I would make one a morning stand and the other evening stand.

Once the beans are gone patterns will change, keep an eye on them this year better to watch for that change so you can prepare for it next year......to many stands will put the pressure on. Best to have two for whatever wind you may be presented with.

porter11bravo said:
Once the beans are gone patterns will change, keep an eye on them this year better to watch for that change so you can prepare for it next year......to many stands will put the pressure on. Best to have two for whatever wind you may be presented with.

Will the deer use bean fields less.

The beans are out where we hunt and they are feeding in them now in the evenings. Always a good call to get different stands for the wind and where you may see them at different times of day. We have some stands that are great in the morning and some are better evening time. Patterns change but the more options you can give yourself the better, may not be as easy on public ground though.

Top Bottom