Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

??What would you want in a archery shop??

TrueTrophy

Well guys I am curious to get your opionins on this. Out here we dont have a archery shop close by. We have to drive 60 to 80 miles to get anything done. We are thinking of opening up a small archery shop. Nothing big but we will have all the basics and more. I am curious to know what you guys would want to see in a archery shop?? Any ideas will help and remember its going to be small. Thanks for your help.

Tim

It is a lot to ask for sometimes, but have a good inventory of bows.

If I am in the market for a new bow, I would want to shoot it first.

cool.gif
cool.gif

well versed knowledge. knowing different ways regardless if you like it one way over the other.
and one thing i hate in archery shops....which probably will never change, is attitude towards equipment that the owner doesnt use personally.
for each of us, we have gear that works for us, (im guilty of this bad attitude as well) but we need to understand that there are many many options out there for a reason.
just my 2 cents

All different bows, including the big 3. Also would like to see a good variety of accesories, not just what a couple of guys that work there prefer.

As said before, the reason there isnt much for good bow shops in Iowa is because there are to many people with an opinion on how it should be done and wont listen to the customer.

I know what you guys mean by certian guys perfering one brand. I am open to what ever the customer wants. That is why I am doing this. I can never find a place that has a variety of supply is it usually one thing and that brand only. Or you can go to scheels and get everyting but i have seen them set up so many bows wrong that I just would never let them work on mine. Not to mention there 75 miles from me.

A decent selection of left handed bows to shoot. Most shops just have the lowest end lefties in stock and I like to shoot it before I buy it.

A friendly female thats easy on the eyes and knows her archery would be nice, but what I really look for is a good selection of broadheads & indoor range

A large variety of equipement, brands and models, including traditional archery supplies.

Staff who have a clear understanding of archery, including shooting skills and a thorough knowledge of what it takes to tune equipement and do common repairs.

A thorough knowledge of equipement being sold.

Staff who know how to listen, teach and understand there are many ways to properly get an arrow from point A to point B, not just one.

Staff who are up to date on the industry and current equipement.

The shop would need more than one person to have all these skills. Seems most places have one guy who has a fair idea of what's going on, but he's never working when "you" stop in.

Lastly, to be perfect, the shop would have to strongly support it's State Bowhunting Assn!

What I hate is when you walk into a bow shop you never been to before, you barely ever find a person that will give you the time of day if you are not one of the locals that come there everyday. As stated before, I like things done a certain way, it might not be what the bow shop guys prefers to do, but it is the way I like to do it. So I would guess you would have to be pretty unbiased. I don't mind people suggeting things, and having a reason for it, but I don't like something done the way that they like, just cuz it is the way they like and not the way I like. I would also love to walk in a shop that has at least one bow of each brand set up to shoot with a sight, peep, and rest. I hate shooting 4 different bows, with nothing on them but a whisker biscuit. It really is hard to determine which bow you like the best, because they all seem the same. Goodluck!!

personally i would make sure i had the little things for people when accidents happen hunting and it's not worth the 80 mile drive. that also includes things like bow ropes, tree spikes, tree stands (ive driven 2 hours to buy a tree stand and put it up during the rut), i could justify a 80 mile drive to buy a new bow, but not small accessories

Top Bottom