Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whats the action like in western iowa?

bigddy09

Headed to western Iowa this weekend and was curious if the action was heating up for a good hunt. Any input would be great.

bigddy09 said:
Headed to western Iowa this weekend and was curious if the action was heating up for a good hunt. Any input would be great.

Southwest Iowa has been pretty slow...

My part of SW Iowa has been fantastic! Some of the best chasing Ive ever seen. I hunt around Council Bluffs.

Hamilton county had my first encounter of November with a mature buck. Rattled him to the base of my tree with no shot. I think things around central Iowa are in full swing

I'd agree about central Iowa. I hunt in Hardin county as well and have seen some decent action. Headed to Shelby county this weekend. And cass county. Southern warren county seems to be a little slow yet. Hopefully soon.

Past couple days in SW ia have been extremely slow. I have been sitting all day and it seems like the deer have disappeared. I am hunting the correct wind in a major bedding area. I have seen 2 deer all day

hunted last friday, saturday, sunday, and didnt see much at all. my friend has been hitting it hard the past few days and hasnt had much either...both of us in monona county

agree

Hunting the Stuart area, and am not seeing the big boys chasing yet - only first year bucks bumping does. seeing lots of does with fawns yet, with no bucks around

Hunt around Griswold, Lewis, Atlantic and by elliot. Slow is an understatment.
Definately the slowest movement I have seen in a long time.

Its been hit miss for me. My 1st sit was sunday and was on fire! Decent 135-140" ten making scrapes like crazy at 1st light. He bedded for half hour then started chasing does all morn. In the evening he did the same. had 8 different chances at him. Monday was Dead as ive seen in some time. Only 4 does and 3 dink bucks all day. This morn was once again on fire. The same 10 as above, a typ 7x6 that needs another yr and a Big Hoss of a ten pt that Really got my adrenaline going! He is new to me and i hope a get a crack at him in the morning!

Woodbury is slow also seen more chasing by first and second year bucks three weeks ago and have only seen two deer since in six sits

Seen two bucks searching fence rows in central ia this morning. Two bruisers. Was around Madrid ia. It must be firing up to see the big boys in daylight like that.

A buddy and I packed in stands and hunted a new spot yesterday afternoon. At 3PM he hit the horns together and a 160 cruised right in. A 10 yard shot and his tag was filled. They are on their feet!

Top Bottom