Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

When to estrous?

dantheman

Going to hit the stand hard this weekend! I usually wait till November, but wanted to see when other guys start putting out doe estrous wicks, scent bombs etc.?

I usually wait until late October, or when I see bucks starting to check does. I think my first year I started using early, and it didn't help any.

only scent I have ever used was a scrape drip over an active scrape and they went nuts- I have never had a deer come in for a buck bomb or other scents like that

BDAHMS said:
only scent I have ever used was a scrape drip over an active scrape and they went nuts- I have never had a deer come in for a buck bomb or other scents like that

Completely agree. Havnt had luck with estrus, but scrape drips have blown up for me and my buddies. Is try that before estrus

I've had scents work multiple times but the time it worked best was when I accidentally spilled the bottle down the front of my shirt. I didn't wash it and the next time I went out a buck came in on a beeline straight to where I was sitting on the ground. Man was he bummed out when he busted me!

My best experience has been during peak rut and I have had does investigate the wicks out of curiosity. I think they have to catch the scent just right though, as I have had bucks that should have smelled it that didn't seem to notice.

I'm with the no scent guys but its only bc I have never had any luck with it. If I would have I'm sure I would be a big believer too!! I would say as soon as you see any rut activity.

I think I'm going to try a scrape dripper here starting this weekend. Sometimes, you have a stand that your enter and exit routes to that particular stand are just never great...in those cases, I will take a drag rag and use that to try and cover up as much of my scent as possible. Can't really say if that helps or not but I don't know if it can hurt much. (usually only do that during later oct and nov)

Top Bottom