Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whew... i was gettin worried!

Well.. tonite was my last nite of bowhunting.. and i needed something bad! I have to go to school the rest of the week and i would have had no time to get out in the field!

Friday nite i sat out on one side of a soybean field.. and just at 5:15... i saw a 9 pt step out on the other side! he never managed to come over to my side! well can u guess what i did saturday nite.. yes thats rite! i sat over on the other side this time! hopin that big boy would walk out in front of me! but no.. about 5:15 again.. he stepped out.. ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FIELD!! where i was sittin friday nite... well sunday nite came.. and i figured he would be coming over where i was sittin on saturday nite.. u know maybe he was altrinating deer trails... well i decided i was gunna sit in the spot where i was saturday nite!

I got out to my spot and sat for about 2 hrs... it came on about 5 o'clock then... and i knew... 15 more minutes and he'll be steppin out! it was 5:14 and i heard some leaves crunching! i looked to my left and here he is coming down a hill! I get my release hooked on to my loop... and hes now 30 yds in front of me! he then looks behind him at some does following him.. and i draw! I make a 30 yd shot on him and its perfect.. he runs about 45 yds.. turns around and looks back where he was.. and drops! ive never been so excited in my life! now... i bet ur wonderin where the pix are.. well all i had with me was my phone! and i dont have a hook up for my phone to my computer so i cant show u pictures!

But all i can say is he is my first bow-buck kill and im satisfied! Hes a wide 9 pt.. and his antlers are webbed like a moose's are! pretty massive too! Im soo excited... but i plan on makin a european skull mount outta him and after i get that done.. ill post pics on here of him! sorry i dont have pictures of him! hes a beauty!

~Alex~

[ QUOTE ]
i plan on makin a european skull mount outta him and after i get that done.. ill post pics on here of him!

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats! Looking forward to the pics when you get it done
cool.gif

If you still have the pic on your phone send it to your email address, then you can copy to your PC and load to wherever.

CONGRATS on your trophy !

Thanx guys! I am trying to send my pic to my email addy but i guess im dumb? anyone wanna fill me in on how to?? I kinda dont have signal rite now... but i will do it tomorrow morning on my 45 min drive to school! but i will most definitely post pictures of my bucks european skull mounts.. one from bow season and one from youth season!! It'll be pretty sweet guys! thanx for all the comments! good luck to whoever still has to fill ur tags! i wish u best of luck!

Great story,
its worth putting time in the late season, you never know when it will happen
Congrats!!!

great story and congrats on the harvest...I'm often reminded by listening to others that the story behind the hunt is often more exciting than anything! Thanks for sharing and send me the pics if you want to and I'll post them for you. thede18@hotmail.com

Top Bottom