Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which muzzle loader Update

jcutter

Ok so I started the thread "Which Muzzle loader" and wanted to give everyone an update.

I went with the CVA Accura MR with the nitrite barrel. I put a leupold S.A.R.B 3x9x40 scope on it. I tried a couple different combos and actually found that 100 grains of White Hot and a 250 grain MTZ was the answer. Touching group at 100 about 2 inches high and just over 3 inch groug at 200 yards on center.

A couple buddies and I went to shoot last weekend. One with a stainless savage and one with a tc encore. We all shot about the same groups at the same ranges. All of out loads and bullets were completely different. Yes Rick got to stand back and watch as we patched our barrels but with the hand out breach plugs they have now it is not that big a deal.

Ow and I did shoot three consecutive shots without cleaning anything and saw very little difference in the shot pattern although the last load was a little harder to load but not impossible.

Scheels price matched the deal I found on Muzzleloader.com and I could not be happier.

Top Bottom