Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which one?

K2JR

I saw the thread on which Fan to use the tom or jake.

Which deke is better the BMobile or the pretty boy?

Or is it all in having a struting tom so either one is fine?

i believe both represent the same thing and to a turkey, both would work as equally as well.....
but for my money, i like Pretty Boy better.....
better looking IMO

Anything will work...

Before the fancy full strutt decoys came out, I made one by cutting the tail off a hen decoy, attached a tail fan, and spray painted the head white.

Named him "Ugly Tom"... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Several birds gave their life strutting around "Ugly Tom!"

Here is "Ugly Tom"...

8375606t2.JPG

You could decoy a bird in with a dead birds fan and back feathers if you wanted to. The double bull archery guys have this on video and Ghost has a funnier than hell picture of a tom on trail cam checking out his dead buddy. That picture always makes me laugh.

I like the pretty boy. You can pimp him out.

Add a real fan.
446IMG_0020.JPG

And add a life like beard.
446IMG_0022.JPG

And add some paint to the wings and he is good enough to shoot! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

IMG_0021.JPG

It's about as heavy as a bag of Rocks as well. I don't think the turkeys care at all how they look, but I take some pride in how I got that thing cobbled together.

Let me know where you hunt and I will stalk that deke and put a hurt on him or it? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K2NiceShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me know where you hunt and I will stalk that deke and put a hurt on him or it? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif</div></div>

actually hunt a little public ground and you wouldnt believe how serious of an issue that is.

I have the B-mobile, I like him and he looks good but the washer and screw is a bit of a pain in the butt, especially at 5:00 in the morning when it is pitch black out. The b-mobile does collapse into my turkey vest though, and this is a definite plus if you will be gun hunting. If you buy the b-mobile make sure you have 5 or 6 sets of screws and wing nuts.

Kratz

Thnks jkratz always good to know what equipment needs there is.

Also if someone stalks a deke in strut can they not see the blind set up near the deke i mean really??

Top Bottom