Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Who’s plots look as good as mine?? NOBODY!!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
a9e23b88a328d6018363bda533ebb20b.png

Me n cletus iz bak at em plotz gain! Wain’t no fools hear!!!! Cletus iz addjuststing cuz are area shiffing furthers turds ecquatur. Em critterz in fir seeprize cuz wen eetz them plotz- day jus stik to em & we gets dinner allredee fur shishkeybobs on Barbie Q!

Hopefully u guys actually have some moisture!! August can be a wait before things get replenished. I’m about due for a rain but this year been pretty lucky on catching some. But to anyone.... Be patient!!! Fertility & clean dead seed bed ideal and if u need to prepare (what you can) for future droughts- BUILD ORGANIC MATTER! Good luck fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, on the bright side, there's a market for those cactuses, people pay big bucks for mature ones like that!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

FWIW, I poured just about 4" out of my rain gauge on Wednesday AM...and the gauge was cracked and leaking. :eek: I really don't know how much rain we actually got, but it was A LOT...especially when you consider how little rain our area had over the past 2 years or so. I did take the faulty gauge down and put up my new one, so I should be able to tell better in the future. We just haven't really needed a ran gauge in the last couple of years, so I never bothered to switch them out.

I saw many very wet fields that day, particularly east of Pella, where there was some significant flash flooding underway. I heard that around that area that there was 10" or so...yikes!

We've had over 10" in less than a week. Really not that much flooding because we were so freaking dry. Water has a lot of places to go with 2" cracks that go to china.

went and checked one of my no till plots today- turned out great. Just sprayed, burned and broadcast before a rain. Didnt pack or anything after seeding.

planted 3 weeks ago

41272377_10100318496877264_3421356461068910592_n.jpg
Nice crop of 'shrooms. What variety do the deer like?;)

We punted on the brassicas after a month with about zero growth. Put the double tree mix in the last weekend of August and it’s looking prime for my son for youth season. Between the fresh greens and the acorns dropping on the edges of the plot, he’s hoping he can finally kill a buck. He’s killed 5 does so far in his hunting career.

FWIW, I poured just about 4" out of my rain gauge on Wednesday AM...and the gauge was cracked and leaking. :eek: I really don't know how much rain we actually got, but it was A LOT...especially when you consider how little rain our area had over the past 2 years or so. I did take the faulty gauge down and put up my new one, so I should be able to tell better in the future. We just haven't really needed a ran gauge in the last couple of years, so I never bothered to switch them out.

I saw many very wet fields that day, particularly east of Pella, where there was some significant flash flooding underway. I heard that around that area that there was 10" or so...yikes!
NEW RAIN GAUGE!!!! Great here we go back into another drought!!

Top Bottom