Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Who do you prefer, DeSantis or Trump?

Desantis campaign has been kinda crappy to be honest. Vivek has def moved up. He came and spoke in Winterset. I wasn't able to go, but my wife went. She was VERY impressed.

I'll say this... I have def change my opinion on who would have the best chance in the general election. That's Nikki Haley. She won't win the GOP nomination tho.

Desantis campaign is awful. Desantis has no charisma. He does best when sticking to policy. Unfortunately for him, that doesn't win a presidential race. I like what I hear from Vivek...but, my concern is he "playing" the republican party / base. I.e. how much can we trust him? If he stuck to doing what he says he would do, he'd be my nominee at this time. Trump...my opinion on him hasn't changed.

I’m a Republican since birth and very conservative, but I’d welcome a third party at this point. We need more independent eyes and ways to combat the corruption in Washington DC.

The Democratic Party is out of control and there are definitely Republicans that are shady and some are in on the corruption.

A guy like RFK, although I don’t agree with all his policies, could make some serious waves as an Independent. I’d actually like to see that !

Desantis has been a huge disappointment. Pence is too hung up on a federal abortion ban to win, even vs. Biden. People come out to vote on that. Vivek I'm not sold on. Haley would win a general election but won't win the primary. They (GOP candidates) are almost assuring a Trump V. Biden rematch. And given the recent polls...Trump is looking strong.

Vivek is a chameleon. Look into his past. It’s easy to say the right thing. Personally, I’m more interested in policy and past performance than words but I’m obviously in the very small minority at this point.
This comment hit the nail on the head.

I'm still a Desantis supporter, however am becoming more supportive of Trump. It's still difficult for me to listen to Trump speak / interview, however I do believe he truly loves our country. Not a fan of Trump not supporting an early week abortion ban. Desantis's campaign isn't being run the best, but he still has a solid track record and a standup man.

Isn't the fear with Haley is that she's just Romney/Mccain 3.0? Maybe with a globalist rino we'd be better off just crashing and burning the system to the ground quicker with a Dem and take it from there. My answer always used to be that any R is better than any D. But now I question that. Maybe I'm wrong.

There is not one person running that I will feel good about voting for. I will NOT vote for either of the 2 in question here.

I'm still a Desantis supporter, however am becoming more supportive of Trump. It's still difficult for me to listen to Trump speak / interview, however I do believe he truly loves our country. Not a fan of Trump not supporting an early week abortion ban. Desantis's campaign isn't being run the best, but he still has a solid track record and a standup man.
This is where I am at.

There is not one person running that I will feel good about voting for. I will NOT vote for either of the 2 in question here.
Expand a bit….
There’s also: RFK jr (fantastic & amazing on corruption & fighting the system). Cornel west. There’s libertarians running, a pretty long list of republicans…. There’s zero of anyone?

What’s your top 5 issues u care about in a federal election? Not the candidates but the issues? I appreciate hearing different views & thanks for expressing.

I really like Haley and Scott but I don't think they will get the nod. If it's trump, there are to many that hate him and will not vote for him. They'll vote for who ever is running in place of Biden because Biden won't be on the ballot in '24. He may still be alive but his cognitive abilities are showing through no matter how much his handlers are trying to keep it wrapped up. I can't believe the dems will allow him to stay at the top. If however the dems do put him back in power then that is the nail in the coffin and we will for sure go the way of the Romans, disintegration from within.

I voted for trump in the past two pres elections but will vote for one of the above two in the primary. If it's a vote in the end between biden and trump, I will go trump but not like it.

Expand a bit….
There’s also: RFK jr (fantastic & amazing on corruption & fighting the system). Cornel west. There’s libertarians running, a pretty long list of republicans…. There’s zero of anyone?

What’s your top 5 issues u care about in a federal election? Not the candidates but the issues? I appreciate hearing different views & thanks for expressing.

Trying not to be long winded... For the record I maintain my staus as an independent. I have attended both R and D caucuses. Depending on which party the individual candidate I'm interested in is part of. My politics are complicated. I believe in personal freedom and accountability. I also believe a functioning government in necessary.

Some top issues for me right now are the economy/inflation, health care, national security and our nations standing in the world and conservation/natural resources/climate change. I also pay attention to education, infrastructure, and immigration matters. I firmly believe we need major reform on wall street and a limitation of corporate power. We need to address the defense department and the military/industrial complex.

What I really want to see change is the partisanship that dominates our political process right now. A congress that does it's job. I miss the days when compromise wasn't a dirty word. When a good idea was a good idea and it was debated on it's merits not what side of the isle it came from. (thanks Newt Gingrich) For this to happen we need a well informed and educated electorate that pays attention and holds elected officials accountable.

Character of a Candidate matters to me too. I want to be done voting against someone or for the lesser turd.

As far as RFK. I appreciate a lot of his work. But I'm not gloming on to him just because he anti vax. Cornell West is entertaining and sometimes makes you think but is in no way qualified to be President. Experience also matters to me. I will look at the smaller party candidates but they have no chance. I would love to see a viable moderate third party.

My vote for pres won't matter any time soon. Iowa is red AF right now.

I wouldn't be so sure... RFK was polling much better with right leaning independents than left leaning independents after his podcast tour. Cornell West will suck a lot of left leaning independent votes from Biden but I would bet good money RFK pulls more right leaning votes.

I wouldn't be so sure... RFK was polling much better with right leaning independents than left leaning independents after his podcast tour. Cornell West will suck a lot of left leaning independent votes from Biden but I would bet good money RFK pulls more right leaning votes.
I hear what you're saying, but don't necessarily agree. Only 'some' of his current opinions / stances align with even middle of the road conservatives. He's still a Kennedy, and a diehard Democrat at heart. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but if it's between him and any Republican candidate, the Republican will get my vote. Hands down. Every time. And I consider myself probably a right leaning middle of the road conservative. Not far right.

There are lots of old blue hair liberals out there who will always vote for any candidate with the last name of Kennedy. No matter what.

I never thought I’d say this … & I’ve spoke with friends on both sides of political spectrum & I’ve said…. My #1 issues have previously been things like: economy, border, war, smaller gov & spending, etc etc. NOW…. NEW TO ME… my #1 issue is: CORRUPTION!!!!! Both sides. Deep rooted. Exposed a lot by trump and Briben has shown it like a fireworks show…. It’s “end of nation” bad. The $, deep state, open borders to ruin us, DOJ to take opposition down, corrupt layers all the way through…. Infinite examples!!! Things like “where’s client list on Epstein island?!” Covering up for Clinton’s, Briben & who knows what Obamas really did (u know, the filthy rich Obamas that control Briben). Their ownership of media, academia & all layers of federal government. One big corrupt UNI-PARTY! CORRUPTION is my personal #1 issue. Why Trump & RFK both resonate so well. Why candidates like Bernie Sanders got taken out TWICE by his own party when he ran. The whole system is rotten to the core.

& back on topic…. I think the RFK run is a great thing. Him & cornel west- that helps trump IMO. I like RFK because the Dems tried to silence him & he fought back.

What do we do? We vote in Trump, twice, and the corruption over turns an election. No doubt. PA is already setting up early voter registration of illegals and others. The fraud will continue. This mail in system until the Dumocrats manufacture enough votes has to stop. One day of in person voting, with ID, and absentee votes for military and abroad workers only. Period. Same rules for every state in a fed election. It’s not in place. I fear more ballot dumps in the dark of night.

Top Bottom