Why are corn fields....

Stump Shooter

about 20 degrees hotter to be around than bean fields. LOL I was out hanging stands this weekend..ya I know, really smart. I hung one around a bean field and ya it was hot, but nothing terrible. But then I hung two around corn fields and MAN was it a hot one! ha, ha

Nothing like hanging stands when it is 100 degrees out
grin.gif
. Man I bet you about died carrying those things around.

I too put up a stand on Saturday. 20 foot ladder in the back, I mean BACK yard, to practice from. It was way hot but there was a nice breeze 20 feet up. I burned the brush pile that had some hickory in it earlier that day. I think I spent about an hour just sitting up there enjoying the view, the breeze and the hickory aroma. I think the heat had gotten to me by then.

The 'Bonker

I work around corn all day. And nothing is like the yellow pollen that is on the leafs of the corn and when your hot and sweaty that stuff itches. ITs really sticky and it sucks. Just plain sucks. And i noticed that when you are around corn it is very hot compaired to beans. But like said above corn is tall and the breeze doesnt travel threw the corn very well.

One reason Corn fields are HOT, is that they give off a ton of moisture. That is the primary reason Iowa has such high due points/humidity. The corn gives a ton off into the air. I come from MI, and the due pts up there may get around 70. That means the temp can drop no lower than 70' all night. I work outside all day, and last week the temp was 100' with a due pt. of 77! I have never felt humidity like that with that kind of temp, but I thanked the CORN! The price we pay for all the farms and all the fat deer.

[ QUOTE ]
One reason Corn fields are HOT, is that they give off a ton of moisture. That is the primary reason Iowa has such high due points/humidity. The corn gives a ton off into the air.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be my answer, too.

Moisture would be my thought too. Some mornings you can see fog coming off the corn. The high humidity would definately make it feel hotter. Hanging stands in 100 degree heat is hard work. I'm waiting until it's nice and cool, like 90.

Back