Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Why do people take hunting so seriously?

If the deer is mortally wounded, I think you ought to take it out. I doubt many of us are truly looking at our watch waiting for season to open before we shoot. I think most bow hunters go wtih the 'dark to dark' rule. If you can see your pins and feel comfortable with the shot...it's taken. That said, blatantly breaking the law is poor judgement.

Who doesn't take it seriously? Hunting is all I think about all day long every day of the year......

I think you (op) are confusing passion with taking things to seriously in a sense? Yeah every person has their own practices and beliefs toward how they should/would hunt, but some of us have been doing it since we were old enough to walk. Its something we grew up with and we want to do things ethical and pass on a DIEING tradition to our kids and anyone in the younger generation. With all the negative publicity on "thrill Killers" and how the media spins hunting accidents, we all have to take what we love seriously or these obscure views will have a greater influence on the future of hunting and wildlife management. When you see some of the people doing things that are just plain not right, some get upset because the uneducated public lumps that all together. Like said earlier once you have put in the work and have the passion for deer hunting and management it really sucks when something happens to make it all feel less valuable. For some deer hunting is a hobby for others its a way of life, and the nice thing about it is you can be involved at any level and still find enjoyment from it. What else can you do from age 10-100? If there ever comes a day when I cant deer hunt someone please shoot me.

For some deer hunting is a hobby for others its a way of life, and the nice thing about it is you can be involved at any level and still find enjoyment from it. What else can you do from age 10-100? If there ever comes a day when I cant deer hunt someone please shoot me.

:way:

:drink1:

Very well said W6!

picture.php

If the deer is mortally wounded, I think you ought to take it out. I doubt many of us are truly looking at our watch waiting for season to open before we shoot.

Altiman if this was directed at my response I was pretty sure it was not mortally wounded. Been at this awhile and a limp does not justify breaking the law.

Falling down having problems getting back up is a different story.

Good luck to you.

its just something i've noticed but to me the ones who take it serious i.e. put the work in, scout, and all that other off season stuff are the ones who for the most part do it by the book and are the ones that i respect because they share my passion for hunting. to me if your not going to be a "serious" hunter why bother? its much more rewarding to reap the benefits after putting in the work whether it be deer, waterfowl, or upland

Thanks to the phone app I can check for new updates every time I pick up the phone at home , work , tree stand or Christmas shopping when I can't be hunting :)

Your right you should call the game warden if some one is shooting 3 min past shooting hours. Rules and laws are there for a reason. If your willing to break the law on smaller stuff chances are you willing to break bigger laws as well.

I think y'all are misunderstanding what I said. Basically I'm tired of the 10 page rants complaining about everything. But it's a public forum so I'm gonna shut up now

Like someone said earlier, if you're tired of the 10 page rants, then don't read them. I'll be the first to admit it can become work, and it can be depressing and even madening when it doesn't go as I hope it does. BUT, what doesn't when you put time, money, sweat, dreams and tears into it? That's also why it's so rewarding when it comes together. I am really tired of what is happening on many of the hunting shows in regards to sponsors, killing "mature" deer, etc. But what I don't think most people who are not serious about hunting mature deer don't understand is how cool it is NOT to shoot every 2 or 3 year old that goes by, but instead having the patience to wait for a for a time tested monarch, whether he has huge antlers or not. That gratification is unmatched! Doesn't it get old shooting average deer year after year after year? In the midwest, it can be so much better. I own and hunt 84 acres that doesn't have an unhunted farm within miles. There are hunters and pressure everywhere, yet I have taken a 6 yr old 197" and a 7 yr old 193" (both gross score) in the last two years with bow. It can be done, but it takes work, discipline and patience.

I think y'all are misunderstanding what I said. Basically I'm tired of the 10 page rants complaining about everything. But it's a public forum so I'm gonna shut up now

Please dont take this the wrong way, this has humor in it. But your only 16 right? Come back and read this in ten years I bet you have LOTS AND LOTS to rant about. At your age you have not had to deal with all the tools in the world yet, trust me your time is coming cause there are more and more every day;)

Top Bottom