Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Why don't you support conservation and sportsman groups?

I'm a member of B&C, P&Y, DU, PF, Delta Waterfowl. Have been members of RMEF, WU and NWTF in the past but for reasons I'll keep to myself am no longer a member.

I also donate on average $5000 a year to these organizations through original artwork donations and print donations. Its my way of donating to the banquets since I don't have a ton of money.

That's not PF policy! That guy should have been outta there! There will always be guys that try to take advantage of their position. It's up to the members to keep them in line. Wish you would have gone over his head.

This is correct, by utilizing seed from PF, you are IN NO WAY OBLIGATED to allow anyone on your land.

turkeyriver said:
As a landowner, you can get more than your money back on a PF membership. Free food plot seed, and cost share on most other habitat projects. Plus your voice joins thousands of others in lobbying efforts that benefit all. CRP wouldn't be here anymore without PF. IBA and NRA deserve your support not for what you get back personally, but for their protection efforts on everything we hold dear. If you think, "I've got mine, so the heck with being involved," you may find yourself wondering where it all went.

I'd be interested to hear what cost share they offer.

This is the exact reason a group of us in the cedar valley started impact outdoors. 100% of net proceeds stay local and do local things. Impactoutdoors.org

This thread reminded me that my IBA membership is expired, got it taken care of. What the heck is bone collector anyway? I see the stickers plastered all over some pickups.

hillrunner said:
This thread reminded me that my IBA membership is expired, got it taken care of. What the heck is bone collector anyway? I see the stickers plastered all over some pickups.

It's a tv show on the outdoor channel which a lot of people blame for commercializing the sport of hunting.

It's a tv show on the outdoor channel which a lot of people blame for commercializing the sport of hunting.

Wouldn't it be nice to see some of these video guys promote something other than killing big deer, retail products and themselves? I wonder if any of the ones that hang out here or are Iowa based have IBA memberships?

Last edited:
Iba

Wouldn't it be nice to see some of these video guys promote something other than killing big deer, retail products and themselves? I wonder if any of the ones that hang out here or are Iowa based have IBA memberships?

I think to be a part of organization you have to feel wanted. Many of the TV guys are former NR that have moved to Iowa. These guys probably got their tongue ripped out like I have when you mention any type of change to Iowa deer hunting.

I would consider joining the IBA but if I am not wanted, hey that's fine I understand. Overall, I think it is a great group and has helped Iowa keep the gun season out of November which is the key.

If they would listen to landowners in Iowa about some minor changes to manage does or allow youth to hunt, I'm in and I could get 25 NR members in a hurry (off the top of my head)... I think right now they are into no changes regardless

I think to be a part of organization you have to feel wanted. Many of the TV guys are former NR that have moved to Iowa. These guys probably got their tongue ripped out like I have when you mention any type of change to Iowa deer hunting.

I would consider joining the IBA but if I am not wanted, hey that's fine I understand. Overall, I think it is a great group and has helped Iowa keep the gun season out of November which is the key.

If they would listen to landowners in Iowa about some minor changes to manage does or allow youth to hunt, I'm in and I could get 25 NR members in a hurry (off the top of my head)... I think right now they are into no changes regardless

IBA's policy changes comes from membership.

River1 said:

Nobody would watch it if big deer do not fall. Informative shows are great, but material drys up fast doing that. Common America wants to watch big deer die and then buy the products the guys use. Hence why advertising is now over the top.

Top Bottom